Bought some chamois cream

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crandoggler

It arrives tomorrow.

I've never lathered my undercarriage before, so wondering whether my outlay was worth it?

Main reason is that I start to get a little sore around 40 miles and it's uncomfortable the next day. So, since I've got LEJOG coming up in May, I thought I'd invest in some form of lubrication to help me through.

I went for ASSOS stuff, since it seems to be in very high regard on any website I visit, if a little expensive. Anyone swear by this stuff, or is it snake oil?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Crandoggler you do understand that you can not apply it yourself it has to be done by an other !!!!!!!!!:laugh:

OP
OP
Crandoggler

Crandoggler

I think it's more the amount of rump the saddle has to accommodate adding to a bit of chaffing, it's more each side of my groin, where the shorts are flexing against the skin with each pedal stroke. I can happily say that i'ts not a huge problem, but something i'd prefer not to advance into an issue when having to cylce consecutive days.

Shed_head

Regular
I used to think it was a waste of money until i used it, now if I forget to apply I certainly notice it on rides over 30 miles. I use Mavic Bib shorts and have the correct fitting saddle so kits not the issue my case.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Answering the OP's post, it's expensive and the significantly cheaper Sudocrem has the same lubricating effect and also has medicinal (ie anti-septic) properties. I worked out (I know sadly) that I used about 10g a morning for my 9 days LEJOG so the 100g tubes Sudocrem are sold in are just right. Worked for me in September - not a blemish on the . . .

OP
OP
Crandoggler

Crandoggler

I was going to use bepanthen/sudocrem for post ride to sooth any hot spots, never thought of it as a pre ride lube, it's a bit oily isn't it? Seems quite waterproof.

Top Bottom