Box Hill in surrey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I drove up it the other night in the pitch black, no way I could ride it with my knackered knee now...one goal missed for the year :sad:

Speed humps look inconvenient but it's very smooth
Thats why i made a point of riding it just before the Olympics,all the speed humps were removed and the tarmac was as smooth as a babys bum.

vickster

Legendary Member
Good for you :smile:

It's not that hard, even i can make it up there without stopping and i do not do hills.
Cycling to it from our side is nice too Vickster, same climbing feet but over a much longer distance. The view and the tea and cake at the cafe are the same no matter which side of it you climbed. Road surface is worse though.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So I thought I'd take a look at the profile of this fearsome hill. Turns out it's 2.5km @ 5%. We have some like that around here too. We tend to use the ones around here for a bit of a warmdown after the proper climbing.
Come north young men.......you know you want to

So I thought I'd take a look at the profile of this fearsome hill. Turns out it's 2.5km @ 5%. We have some like that around here too. We tend to use the ones around here for a bit of a warmdown after the proper climbing.
Come north young men.......you know you want to
I would but they put gravy on chips up there, that's too foreign for me.

martint235

Dog on a bike
It's not that hard, even i can make it up there without stopping and i do not do hills.
Cycling to it from our side is nice too Vickster, same climbing feet but over a much longer distance. The view and the tea and cake at the cafe are the same no matter which side of it you climbed. Road surface is worse though.
I've thought about trying it from the east to west as although not as steep the climb is a lot longer and (possibly) more of a challenge. Not sure though, Yad Moss is a long, not steep climb and to be honest you just get a bit bored of going uphill.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
RLCP2132.jpe

this is my mate riding box hill after cramping from mile 50....
tis not hard

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
box hill - blah blah blah blah - come try the iron mountain or llangynidr to ebbw vale climbs or the rhigos then you'll see what a climb is really like

even cavendish went up boxhill like it was a flat road.

Tim Hall

A young lad I know is dead keen on road cycling. As well as his Triban 3 he's got some kind of cycling game on his console and was being Bradley Wiggins going up Mont Ventoux. I mentioned I'd ridden up it. "Oh. Is it harder than Box Hill?". Bless.

Top Bottom