Box Hill Olympics spectating will do it good.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So we couldn't have people there watching it as members of the Public because of the potential ecological issues, so it was closed to their access

Yet when it comes to highly priced Corporate Hospitality all the things that led to the closure become acceptable.

Never occurred to actually just open the area?

Typical of the money grabbing that is typifying this event

subaqua

What’s the point
So we couldn't have people there watching it as members of the Public because of the potential ecological issues, so it was closed to their access

Yet when it comes to highly priced Corporate Hospitality all the things that led to the closure become acceptable.

Never occurred to actually just open the area?

Typical of the money grabbing that is typifying this event the whole fricckking Olympics

welcome to Lord Coe and the IOCs masterplan

Linford

Glad to see I'm not the only one who see's the whole Olympic affair to be one big money grabbing event. Inclusion qualifying criteria for members seems to be purely on whether you are prepared to stump up a huge sum of cash.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Glad to see I'm not the only one who see's the whole Olympic affair to be one big money grabbing event.

The Olyimpics used to be a massive money looser and no one wanted to take it on, and was in serious trouble, then the Americans got it and turned it corporate with TV rights etc , so without all the money income it would go back to the old days of no investment and second rate facilities , i get annoyed with the money grabbing but without it there would be very little interest in hosting it , sadly a fact of life now.

subaqua

What’s the point
The Olyimpics used to be a massive money looser and no one wanted to take it on, and was in serious trouble, then the Americans got it and turned it corporate with TV rights etc , so without all the money income it would go back to the old days of no investment and second rate facilities , i get annoyed with the money grabbing but without it there would be very little interest in hosting it , sadly a fact of life now.

so if theres so much income for/from the sponsors why am i as a host borough resident, being shafted sideways to pay for it?? and having my community facilities pared back past the bone down to the marrow as the borough " doesn't have any money" but it can spunk £250K on fireworks.

the olympiiad isn't just about sport its about culture too. but in the peoples republic of LondonBoroughofWaltham forest culture as gone out of the window with libraries closing down , the library closest to the park at harrow green in Leytonstone.

Top Bottom