Boxing Day rides...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
drank and ate far too much yesterday

Getting the bike out of the shed I went into a coughing fit and thought I was going to throw up but didn't.

Out on the road I surprisingly managed a good for me time round a local 20 km circle ride I do quite often.

Hoping to do a longer ride in next few days unless it freezes.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Time to work off the excesses. I drank nearly half a glass of wine today, so needs must. Here's mine: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18207088 - looks like a cheeky little climb out of the Wye Valley.
Did a very similar route to that recently but started in Cardiff and went right into Monmouth. The climb up from Mitchel Troy to Trelleck certainly had me puffing a bit.

PS my son lives near Southmead hospital so I will use your outward route next time I ride over to see him. I have used A403 in the past which is not that pleasant,

Last edited:

toffee

Guru
Just back from a 23 mile ride with Mrs T. Cold and sunny in North Bucks now waiting for friends to arrive for some more celebrating. Need 29 more miles to make 2500 for the yea and only got tomorrow to do it. Mind you the target for the year was 3000.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Ah, twas a corker.

img_20161226_122452451_hdrblog.jpg

Attachments

• img_20161226_122452451_hdrblog.jpg
    img_20161226_122452451_hdrblog.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 35

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It has been sunny here so I feel a bit guilty for not going out but I am tired from last night's lack of sleep and keep dozing off so I probably needed the rest!

And now that I have woken up I am wondering how long I should look at the 'Getting Windows ready ... Don't turn off your computer' message on my other laptop before giving up and doing just that! I started the update before my nap about an hour ago and it is still going.

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
It has been sunny here so I feel a bit guilty for not going out but I am tired from last night's lack of sleep and keep dozing off so I probably needed the rest!

And now that I have woken up I am wondering how long I should look at the 'Getting Windows ready ... Don't turn off your computer' message on my other laptop before giving up and doing just that! I started the update before my nap about an hour ago and it is still going.
Some of the big Window updates can take hours. Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring.

C.J

Über Member
Went out for a couple of hours this morning 04.40, have you guessed i like early mornings :laugh::laugh:
36.2 mile done 2hrs 12 min's.
That got my mileage to 26,100 mile since i have had this bike 5years 6months.
Soon be time for a new one.:whistle::laugh::laugh:.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Had a lovely ride down to the seaside and back to join Mrs Chris and her bro for a walk around a nature reserve there. At first I thought yesterday's xmas pudding had turbo-charged me, I managed well over 15mph on the way down which I haven't been able to do for ages after no longer being able to commute by bike. Turns out I was being helped by a heck of a tail wind - the way back was more like 12mph average... Ah well, a consolatory slice of xmas pud will cheer me up in no time ;)

johnnyb47

Guru
The sun was out today so me and the brother-in-law went out for a twelve mile ride. He bought me a bike helmet for Christmas and I thought it would only be right to wear it. I must admit I felt a little self conscious wearing it through town ( never worn one before ) but once out on the open road I forgot all about it and felt less conscious of it after seeing many other cyclists wearing them. A bit gutted we didn't find a pub that was open but the bright sunshine really lifted the mood no end. One thing I did miss was my sun glasses. We the combination of the low sun and watery eyes from the cold wind made seeing were we were going a little tricky..Happy Days :-)))))

Get yourself a chromebook colin and you can say goodbye to all that nonsense. Got the windows laptop out the other day and it seemed positively ancient.
On topic, nice short ride of 35k in the sun, visited one of my favourite churches for another snoop, realised it has a really nice toilet which bizarely is part of a toilet twinning scheme - its twin is in nepal. Really cosy church, reading area upstairs with good light - tempted to pop by on a nice windy wet day for a read with a tipple but have slight concern i may be found happily snoozing. Am an atheist by the way.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I got out today cracking weather in Leicester today, apart from the damn wind, that was hard work!

80 mile jaunt today around the lanes to the west and south of Leicester loads of cyclists and walkers out and about.

Looks like it is going to get colder over the next few days.

Top Bottom