BP video: Cyclist in the wrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep... and where does it say "cyclists riding at night must wear a white front light and a rear red light"?
Rule 60
At night your cycle MUST have white front and red rear lights lit.

I have a feeling you may be more referring to the poor selection of words.

I was trying to subtly point out (maybe too subtly) that a newspaper was suggesting a the Highway Code says a cyclist must wear lights...

I don't often pick up on subtlety in person. Never mind on the internet :biggrin:

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
It's hard to say if they have a front light from the angle you see matey at on the roundabout. He could have one. The guy in the car certainly saw him so what is the issue?

[QUOTE 4802901, member: 45"]
The reporter in question posted on the Bristol Cyclists FB group last week to say that he was new to the job and asking for people to flag up stories to him.[/QUOTE]

At least they appear to employ qualified journalists to cover cycling issues :blink:

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
[QUOTE 4802901, member: 45"]Bristol is a great cycling city. I don't understand why the BP pick up on trivial issues like this, as all it's going to do is inflame.

The reporter in question posted on the Bristol Cyclists FB group last week to say that he was new to the job and asking for people to flag up stories to him.[/QUOTE]

You got it in one there!. The BP loves to inflame. If you've been in Bristol for a few years, you'll note that the Post always whines about the following:

1. Cycling on pavements. Fair enough as it's illegal, but they fail frequently to mention all the lazy drivers who use the pavement as a free car park.
2. The Bristol Railway Path is dangerous for pedestrians (with particular focus on the school crossing in Easton). Never that peds wearing MP3 players/headphones, texting or letting their dogs run free present a risk to cyclists (it's always the cyclist at fault!).

My opinion on the clip is that Mr Dascam Fury wanted to drive right over the roundabout but noted a cyclist on it. So where else to have a moan?. As for the journalist, I think 'click & bait' should be explained to him.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You got it in one there!. The BP loves to inflame. If you've been in Bristol for a few years, you'll note that the Post always whines about the following:

1. Cycling on pavements. Fair enough as it's illegal, but they fail frequently to mention all the lazy drivers who use the pavement as a free car park.
2. The Bristol Railway Path is dangerous for pedestrians (with particular focus on the school crossing in Easton). Never that peds wearing MP3 players/headphones, texting or letting their dogs run free present a risk to cyclists (it's always the cyclist at fault!).
If the cyclists know this then isn't in the cyclists power to modify their own behaviour?

I write as someone once had off on said path by a long retractable lead with out of control livestock on one end and a nobber on the other.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
[QUOTE 4802901, member: 45"]Bristol is a great cycling city. [/QUOTE]
Except for the hills. And the batsh*t insane drivers who have a loose interpretation of traffic lights.

It's the only place I've cycled where drivers will routinely drive at you and then brake hard if they feel you are getting in their way.

Slick

Guru
Except for the hills. And the batsh*t insane drivers who have a loose interpretation of traffic lights.

It's the only place I've cycled where drivers will routinely drive at you and then brake hard if they feel you are getting in their way.
You've never cycled in Glasgow have you?:eek:

richie244

Visible not even a near miss so not sure the reason for the anger.
Personally I wouldn't be out in the dark with out a good front and rear light thats there choice but I want to prolong my life for my wife and kids his may have just run out who knows.
I don't see any reason why anyone would chose to not use a front light. Ok you may not have to by law but thats increasing your risk of an accident for the sake of it, by law you could mix vodka with bleach but it wouldn't be wise to drink it. But I can only speak for myself. I hear parachuting with no pack is all the rage.

Top Bottom