Bradley Wiggins on the radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
His book is being given a lot of space in the Guardian this week. Time for Wiggo to cash in which he couldn't do after his Athens success leading him to go on a 9 month bender!

He also revealed that he and Cav haven't exchanged a word since the Beijing madison. Cav's in a huff apparently!

OP
OP
Haitch

Haitch

Flim Flormally
rich p said:
He also revealed that he and Cav haven't exchanged a word since the Beijing madison. Cav's in a huff apparently!

I was away during the Olympics and missed this. What happened?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Alan H said:
I was away during the Olympics and missed this. What happened?

Nothing really except that they were favourites to win and came 9th. Brad's legs weren't up to it after his other gold winning heats and finals but the madison was Cav's only event and he was unhappy that BW was shot.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Alan H said:
Thanks. So Cav stepped out of the Tour to finish ninth. No wonder he wasn't overjoyed.

He wasn't helped by the Madison being the last event. He must have felt overwhelmed by the success of all the rest of the team and having to sit around waiting, twiddling his thumbs.

nilling

Über Member
rich p said:

Cav sounded really bitter by the whole Olympic experience and seemed glad to be back in the peleton when interviewed during the Tour of Ireland.

mondobongo

Über Member
BC should also have had a word with Mr Wiggins regarding his plans which were a tad ambitious and self promoting. Cav suffered because Wiggins had rode his legs off previously I would be hacked off if I was Cav.

mondobongo said:
BC should also have had a word with Mr Wiggins regarding his plans which were a tad ambitious and self promoting. Cav suffered because Wiggins had rode his legs off previously I would be hacked off if I was Cav.
Surely BC would have made the call as to who rode what?

mondobongo

Über Member
Not so sure, would imagine there would have been some discussion within the Team. Wiggins obviously felt he could do it. I just feel that someone could have took a step back and thought that maybe Brad was attempting too much and maybe looked at someone else racing with Cav who was fresh.

My other half was at the velodrome for this event and says that both Brad and Cav looked absolutely wrecked from the start - both for different reasons, but it wasn't all Brad's efforts in the previous days which wre responsible for their 9th place.

Top Bottom