Bradley Wiggins V Andy Murray.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
Lets assume Wiggins is going to win the Tour de France and lets pretend Andy Murray had won Wimbledon....Now fast forward to the Beebs Sports personality of the year in December...One of these two in my opinion would be odds on to get it.What would be the biggest achievement...first Brit ever to win the Tour or the first Brit in 76 years to win Wimbledon...i vote Wiggins....what say ye all?

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
I think Murray would be more populist.

Despite being a scottish ginger winger.
He's got not much personality though...Wiggins would beat him on that score...just

Bexmay

Regular
If they were really going on personality it should be Wiggins but I bet it would be Murray and at this rate hes still the first brit to get to the final of Wimbledon for years so it could still go to him.

We've still got the Olympics to go yet though....

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
Tennis = on BBC and "loved by millions".
Cycling = off main channels and full of "red light jumping" lycra clad people.

Alas.
If Cav can win it surely Wiggo is just as deserving....good job Murray lost

OP
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Veteran
If they were really going on personality it should be Wiggins but I bet it would be Murray and at this rate hes still the first brit to get to the final of Wimbledon for years so it could still go to him.

We've still got the Olympics to go yet though....
Knighthoods all round eh! :rolleyes:

geo

Neither it will be some no mark who wins bronze (but tries hard) in the olympics !!!

back on topic though I think Murray would have won it based purely on sport popularity and tv coverage, as stated already

Top Bottom