Bravery of London Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wait4me

Veteran
I had to sample the delights of Kings Cross area one evening last week (I hasten to add on foot).

It is a few years since my last time in London and I was amazed as to how many cyclists there are in the Capital now. After being suitably impressed by their abilities and survival in such heavy traffic I then sadly saw the memoriam for the young lady cyclist killed in that area recently. Now the reason for this thread—just to say to London cyclists—“ I take my hat off to you all “

W4M

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
well, thankyou for the thought, but, truthfully, London feels far safer than the rest of the country - although I accept that Kings Cross is frightening. I think if you took a rushhour trip down CS7 you'd get an entirely different impression

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cycling in London for me is one of life's great pleasures, I no longer get to do it on a regular basis as I once did, but jump at every chance I can get. It makes yoiu feel alive. In fact good Urban cycling tops the wide open spaces for me anytime, it's where the bicycle is King. London's brill, Oxford's great too, but there's not much of it!

martint235

Dog on a bike
I agree with what Dell said. Thanks for the thoughts, but it really does look much worse than it actually is. I commute in on the A2 and it's a fast and lively way to get to work.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I agree with what Dell said. Thanks for the thoughts, but it really does look much worse than it actually is. I commute in on the A2 and it's a fast and lively way to get to work.

From the Sun in the Sands roundabout, I'm happy to ride the A2 into town but I wouldn't dare ride further out. I did once see a touring cyclist on the eastbound hard shoulder of the A2 just after the M25 exit but he was seriously studying a map so I guess he'd figured out that he might not be on the ideal route.

martint235

Dog on a bike
From the Sun in the Sands roundabout, I'm happy to ride the A2 into town but I wouldn't dare ride further out. I did once see a touring cyclist on the eastbound hard shoulder of the A2 just after the M25 exit but he was seriously studying a map so I guess he'd figured out that he might not be on the ideal route.

The only really dodgy bits of it are just outside Canterbury and the bit just after where the M2 merges onto it. Both are rideable but I couldn't describe them as fun

snorri

Legendary Member
It's always a shock to the system leaving Euston station after arriving on the sleeper and seeing the morning rush hour traffic on Euston Road. Home is never like that, but after a few minutes I quite enjoy the experience of cycling in the capital for a few hours.

Top Bottom