Brazen Theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
His bent over position whilst cutting the lock surely invited a swift boot to the crown jewels from behind :wacko: would have made him consider the error of his ways

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
wot no thieves in denmark? How come?
What do the police do all day - milk cows?
There are thieves but in 18 years I have not known anyone who has had a bike stolen and everyone has bikes. I dont know how half a dozen armed policemen can turn up at the drop of a hat. But they do. It is a regular occurance for people to leave their bikes at bus stops in the countryside all day and go to work on the bus. Its a different society.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Yes it certainly is with all the fur farms etc and supporting the Faroes with their grind.
Are you referring to the mink fur trade? We do not have one ^_^ As for the grind on the Faroes. I do not have a problem with it. It is a stable food source and export for the island. What they do there is their business. Its legal. The people there know how to run the island better than anyone else. Drago. We have had worse people than the crazy, but very clever submarine captain..

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
His bent over position whilst cutting the lock surely invited a swift boot to the crown jewels from behind :wacko: would have made him consider the error of his ways

That may have been practical if he was not using a dangerous power tool or didn't have at least two mates with him. Calling the police and filming the incident was probably the wisest course of action 1 or 2 people could do in this circumstance. There was a video circulating earlier in the year where a whole load of public tried to intervene in London and it still didn't stop them, the thieves will usually go further than any normal member of the public.

I would be quite surprised if these kids have stolen this bike to sell on for a quick buck, they have become along with escooters the transport mode of choice for gangs, so they have probably joined the fleet.

Oddly quite alot of victim blaming going on, questioning why someone would leave their bike locked there, what do you expect them to do?

Can't see it will be too long before bikes like this have immobiliser and builtin GPS tracking.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Are you referring to the mink fur trade? We do not have one ^_^ As for the grind on the Faroes. I do not have a problem with it. It is a stable food source and export for the island. What they do there is their business. Its legal. The people there know how to run the island better than anyone else. Drago. We have had worse people than the crazy, but very clever submarine captain..
Lol. You need to seriously educate yourself. Go back to college or start reading or something...

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
The attitude of the shopping centre by having teh bike rack away from where security can see - plus security not being told to intervene (as much as is possible) says a lot

If places like this - and supermarkets took bike security more seriously then bike theft would possibly be less common

A while ago I rang Tesco and asked if their CCTV covered the bike rack. It is positioned in the car park and near the entrance - which is basically under the store
Apparently there is no CCTV covering this area :eek:

pathetic
CCTV is only a deterrent for honest people! These bike thieves weren't deterred even when they knew that someone was recording the incident on his phone, so why would CCTV make any difference? In fact, near the start of that video clip there is a sign on a post which looks very much like a warning that there are CCTV cameras covering the area.
The fact of the matter here is that there is NO deterrent. Even when they are identified and prosecuted, there is still NO deterrent. They need a punishment that will make them realise that crime is the wrong road to take, and that message was lost, a long long time ago.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Lol. You need to seriously educate yourself. Go back to college or start reading or something...
Are you talking about the mink farming?

Up to 17 million mink were killed in Denmark during Covid, which ended the fur trade up to 2023 at the earliest. But I do not have a problem with the fur trade either. Or pig farming, another big Danish export. I just do not understand how animal welfare has anything to do with bike theft or why you would think I am overly concerned with animal welfare. Are you going to bang your Vegan drum next? I would not bother.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I read it as a reference to the fact all the Mink in Denmark where culled last year, 17 million or so.
Me too. He is trying to slam us for a non existant fur trade and I have to educate myself :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom