Brazen Theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Spotted it on a local Facebook link in Hull, even though its (?) London?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Another ebike costing north of £3000 stolen.
Looking at the faces, these are probably "children" in the eyes of the law, and as such will be dealt with by way of a slap on the wrist - assuming they are identified at some point.
Incidents like this are the reason why I would never spend a lot on a bike. To come back and find that gone, must be stressful. And if you come back and catch them in the act? I like to think I would "have a go" with some assistance from passers by, but against some wee unpredictable nutjob armed with an angle grinder, and his pal? This is where the law and justice system in this country is serious lacking IMHO... Without getting all political, the Saudi's have the right idea in dealing with this......

rivers

How far can I go?
This was in t'newspaper.

I hopenthat whoever was filming had called the dibble prior to whipping out the box brownie?
According to the article on Road.cc, another bystander was on the phone with the police while he filmed it.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I couldn't stand and watch that either. Make loads of noise, shout, scream whatever, they'd be off like a shot.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Fire extinguisher to the chops ought to do it. A quick squirt of co2 or foam might dissuade the miscreants.

He says from his armchair...

Drago

Legendary Member
I started videoing two youths trying to steal a bike near here. It put them off but quickly turned nasty as instead of two there were suddenly around 10 or them moving towards me. Thankfully a taxi and a couple of cars stopped and they scarpered.
The trick is to hunch up and make yourself look smaller, whimper a bit and grovel, "please don't hurt me, i'm an old man". And then 4 stiff ones in the throat the moment their guard drops.

Many years ago when I was fitter and faster, in a town that shall remain nameless, I had 3 ne'r do wells try and relieve me of 300 sheets at a cash point. I gave it the old "don't hurt me" routine before nutting the first, swinging for the second (missed the punch but kind of clothes lined him in the face with my forearm instead) and then ran like Lord Lucan trying to catch the late ferry before the 3rd could come to his senses.

I never did report it because I felt something in the first lads face give way when I gave him the old Glasga Kiss, and decided that discretion was the better part of valour. I think these days the smell of me suddenly sh****g my Y fronts would be sufficient to see them off.

Last edited:
Hope the owner has insurance

It may cost a lot but it is the only way - you cannot assume a good bike will not get stolen - and sparks on the video make it clear the bike was properly locked up so there should be no problems with the claim

Feel sorry for the poor owner though

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I hope he would be willing to use that grinder because I would guarantee he would lose an ear and a couple of fingers in the struggle. ^_^

Top Bottom