Breakfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I do about 10miles, but get headaches that some on during the ride. It’s quite hard work at times as it’s very hilly near me...and I’m a beginner having only just got on a bike after 27years of no exercise....

A (small) bowl* of cereal or porridge, sometimes I prefer toast/peanut butter, should be fine.

If you eat as soon as you wake, then sort the bike and kit out, then perform the mornings ablutions, the food should have had time to settle.

*After many decades I’ve realised my portion was double or triple what I actually needed. A big bowl of cereal could make me uncomfortable on a hard ride.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A big dish of porridge and sultanas made with full fat milk and brown sugar added, then a kind of soup made from stuff like onions,garlic,brussels and beans before i go to bed,means i don't have to fanny around in the morning. I just have a cup of tea or coffee when i wake up.

Instant porridge is your gateway drug. Superfast oats take about 1.5 mins to do in the microwave and can add your own touches such as nuts, dates, fruit, honey, whatever.
My favourite brand is Mornflake which tastes better than most of the own brand and major labels.

biking_fox

Guru
Commuting it's just fruit'n'fibre with full fat milk. Eaten while the mug of tea cools to drinkable temps. Go to bed early enough to get up without rushing about first thing. (mostly).

Tin Pot

Guru
I’m a recent convert to eggs. Boiled eggs.

Eggs for breakfast just seems to be right.

Shame I can’t be arsed with boiling them.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I drop my eggs in a special coddling sock I made from a pond liner and some waxed thread. This in turn goes into the hot water bottle in the bed. If I get up early - about eight minutes after I drop off - I can reach for my nicely coddled egg before I get up. I sometimes pop a teabag in the hot water bottle water while I’m at the kettle, so I can wash down my egg. Saves so much time.

Julia9054

Guru
I drop my eggs in a special coddling sock I made from a pond liner and some waxed thread. This in turn goes into the hot water bottle in the bed. If I get up early - about eight minutes after I drop off - I can reach for my nicely coddled egg before I get up. I sometimes pop a teabag in the hot water bottle water while I’m at the kettle, so I can wash down my egg. Saves so much time.
Just spat my wine out! :laugh:

Tin Pot

Guru

What on Earth..?

Top Bottom