Breyne attempts suicide after positive doping test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android

Mattonsea

Über Member
That's tragic , the UCI have to be careful on how the info is dumped out in the media. The people who do caught need to be looked after and not shut out from the team.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I think that my asthma inhaler is clenbuterol. I might be wrong.

Any chance that it could have got into his system in an innocent manner or are all pro cyclists immediately guilty?

Mattonsea

Über Member
Both Michael Rodgers and Breyne were racing in Japan were the samples were taken , so lets hope they are linked to a diet issue.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think that my asthma inhaler is clenbuterol. I might be wrong.

Any chance that it could have got into his system in an innocent manner or are all pro cyclists immediately guilty?
To get rid of what was pretty much endemic doping, cycling had to get hard on dopers. Cyclists know this. You'd have to be pretty stupid to go out for a clenbuterol chow mein if you're a pro cyclist in China. Or you'd reckon that you could push the rules because there's clenbuterol abuse in the Chinese food chain and it could be a solid defence. In this case, ''innocent'' is either very stupid or calculated cheating. I'd credit him with some intelligence....

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

What kind of despair takes a young man to the point where he wants to take his own life. Tragic if ever there was a word.
I hope he gets the attention and help he so desperately needs. I care not if he's guilty at this point he's in a real bad place in his life.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Both Michael Rodgers and Breyne were racing in Japan were the samples were taken , so lets hope they are linked to a diet issue.

China - which is a very different country, with a huge use of clenbuterol in livestock.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
What kind of despair takes a young man to the point where he wants to take his own life. Tragic if ever there was a word.
I hope he gets the attention and help he so desperately needs. I care not if he's guilty at this point he's in a real bad place in his life.
Very well put, it saddens me when any person gets to this point in their life. I hope he has no long term damage to his health both physical and mental.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Attempting suicide is not the usual behaviour of the innocent.

Things such as economic down turn, losing your job, home and not being able to provide for your family increases suicide rates particulary in men, are these desperate people not innocent?
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...e-of-economic-downturn-recession-8049446.html

I don't know what is going through Breyne's head at this time, it might be the shame of disappointing his family and friends, it could be the dispair of losing grip of his dreams and all the effort required to get to this point in his career. Only he knows.

I consider myself blessed that I don't understand as to do so means your in a pretty dark place

Last edited:
Top Bottom