Brightest REAR led? some suggestions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tharg2007

Veteran
I already have a Cateye TL-AU100 seems quite bright, im thinking I need more though, something to flash the crap out of people behind me

yello

jimboalee

A 5W filament bulb ( 20 lumens approx ) is a 'Tail' lamp.
A 25W filament bulb ( >50 lumens ) is a 'Stop' lamp.

This is why REALLY bright rear lamps are hard to get.

But hey, if the bicycle looks like a motorcycle with its brakes ON, that's good.:biggrin:

You could use a Tesco 3W torch with the red lens off a dyno set taped on it!!!! :sad:

ChrisKH

Guru
I use the Cateye TL-LD1000 on the back and I'm very happy with it. Side vision as well. Extra cost is worth it. And it is bright.

Tynan

Veteran
yes, the Mars one is 1W I think, it arrived yesterday and was scary even in a lit room, agreed the Smart is bright enough though although I've found them liable to come apart at potholes, looking for the two halves plus two batteries at the side of a dark road is not really cool

plus the Mars one comes with a bolt to the rack option which is excellent for me

I saw a chap with drop bar end leds today and they excellent, really gave him width, I'm getting some of those as soon as i can find some, £12 he said

Tynan

Veteran
bar ends leds here and reduced

if they're the same as the ones I saw today they're very good

modern leds lights are painful to the eye, I asked a cyclist on the platform at Liverpool Street to turn his front light off once

he was rude and didn't

jay clock

Massive member
Just ordered one of those Mars ones....

Top Bottom