Bristol/Bath RW Path - Motorbikes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alfablue

Yesterday evening at about 6 just after the junction with the ring road path at Mangotsfield I was "buzzed" by two motorbike riders. They were driving very fast and erratically, as the second one passed me I shouted and made some hand gestures, he then went on looking over his shoulder at me, nearly running into a cyclist coming the other way - they were gone before I thought about reading the number plate, and I was quite shaken up as they were really fast and close on a narrow part of the path. There were several pedestrians around and a few families with fairly young kids out riding, all of whom appeared to be perplexed.

This morning I was riding in the same area and there were 4 kids on mini motorbikes buzzing around equally eratically. I caught up with one who stopped (out of fuel I hope) and told him not to ride there and that he would get his bike confiscated and crushed by the police, but both he and I knew that was pretty unlikely.

I guess this is what we are going to find now school is out. I know it must be really hard to police, but there will be a bad colision sooner or later (and / or an ugly confrontation with an angry cyclist!).

mailman

We get some little f8ckers in their mopeds riding up and down the foot path where I live in Canary Wharf! im bloody tempted to go down there, pull the little bastards off their bikes and hurl them (the bikes:biggrin:) in to the Thames!

Mailman

Christopher

Über Member
I used to see one motorcyclist on the footpath now and again. I took his registration down, and he saw me do it, and I haven't seen him since. Didn't even have to report him to plod.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
We had one last year tearing along the shared path near me at 3am on a stolen bike, burning long streaks rubber just outside some houses to annoy them. Wasn't wearing a helmet, misjudged a tight corner and promptly removed himself from the gene pool by smacking head-on into a lamppost at the side of the path.

Of course, from the fawning article in the local rag, the young chap was a perfect son, a model citizen and a shining paragon of morality. Why can they never just admit he was a twoc'ing little chav scumbag with a criminal record a mile long ? I'm sure the bloke whose bike was stolen and totalled was mightily relieved that his bike had been taken by such a fine, upstanding member of the community....

What really gets my goat is that the family have turned the lamppost into a little shrine, with a tiny picket fence around it, flowers, candles etc - and it's NEVER been vandalised in a year. Everything else around here like that would be totally trashed in a few days, but I guess there's respect and fear amongst thieves. It's truly sickening.

bonj2

goo_mason said:
What really gets my goat is that the family have turned the lamppost into a little shrine ... and it's NEVER been vandalised in a year.... It's truly sickening.

Go and vandalise it then... or alternatively buy a card or something that looks like the others, and write in really nice fountain pen caligraphic writing in it, but a really condemning message, like "well done for improving the quality of the human race, it'll teach you not to do that again you little scumbag, in our hearts forever, NOT!"

Arch

Married to Night Train
I was thinking, the addition of a little cheap trophy inscribed with the chav's name and "Darwin Award", and see if anyone notices... Even if they don't, you'd have the satisfaction of know it was there...;)

bonj2

Arch said:
I was thinking, the addition of a little cheap trophy inscribed with the chav's name and "Darwin Award", and see if anyone notices... Even if they don't, you'd have the satisfaction of know it was there...;)

yes :ohmy: if they don't notice, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it's still there. If it gets removed, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing they've noticed...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Heh heh... thanks for the ideas. I may just try one out soon ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

I don't think this person's death merits that sort of treatment. Right to condemn the actions, completely unjustified in desecrating the memory of a life in that way.

bonj2

Titdelacourse said:
I don't think this person's death merits that sort of treatment. Right to condemn the actions, completely unjustified in desecrating the memory of a life in that way.

keep yer 'air on flower.

domtyler

Über Member
goo_mason said:
We had one last year tearing along the shared path near me at 3am on a stolen bike, burning long streaks rubber just outside some houses to annoy them. Wasn't wearing a helmet, misjudged a tight corner and promptly removed himself from the gene pool by smacking head-on into a lamppost at the side of the path.

Of course, from the fawning article in the local rag, the young chap was a perfect son, a model citizen and a shining paragon of morality. Why can they never just admit he was a twoc'ing little chav scumbag with a criminal record a mile long ? I'm sure the bloke whose bike was stolen and totalled was mightily relieved that his bike had been taken by such a fine, upstanding member of the community....

What really gets my goat is that the family have turned the lamppost into a little shrine, with a tiny picket fence around it, flowers, candles etc - and it's NEVER been vandalised in a year. Everything else around here like that would be totally trashed in a few days, but I guess there's respect and fear amongst thieves. It's truly sickening.

Not sure why you feel it neccesary to speak so badly, and publicly, of a dead boy. You clearly have a lot of hate in you for the people you share your part of the world with, why don't you either move somewhere good enough for you or deal with your 'issues'?

Christopher

Über Member
Easy, Don! I think goo's main point is the hypocrisy shown by pretendting that the little idiot, whose death appears to be entirely his own fault, was some sort of asset to society.

Tetedelacourse

bonj;35623][quote name= said:

keep yer 'air on flower.[/QUOTE]

Name-calling and belittling now is it? You're a clever dick aren't you?

alfablue said:
This morning I was riding in the same area and there were 4 kids on mini motorbikes buzzing around equally eratically. I caught up with one who stopped (out of fuel I hope) and told him not to ride there and that he would get his bike confiscated and crushed by the police, but both he and I knew that was pretty unlikely.

There are Home Office funds available for Police Forces specifically to deal with this - it might be worth finding out whether Bristol has some. You do need to report it - it helps the coppers build up a picture of hotspots so they can send uniforms down. We had a real problem near my house - I called every time I saw one - far fewer this year.