Bristol Post cyclist quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
If you live here, you'll know that the local Daily Mail owned rag loves to demonise us. But recently, they seem to be producing more balanced articles and have even acknowledged that drivers can break the law by using the pavement as a free car park and inconveniencing pedestrians, wheelchair users etc. However, the website still attracts idiots in the comments sections.

Today, they have a cycling Highway Code quiz which I thought I would share with my fellow CC's as the boss is working rom home today:laugh::

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/quiz-d...ads/story-29780461-detail/story.html#comments

I got 11/12.

BTW: Their website is pop-up ad-laden hell. Best get Adblocker installed.

U

User33236

Hmmm. Q7 is likely to open a can of worms due to the additional text appended to the correct answer.

Tim Hall

And the one about using the middle lane contradicts http://highwaycode.info/rule/135 or the following three.

And the one about crossings is ambiguous as heck and probably wrong due to the new Traffic Signs Regulations.

And what the heck's a zebran?

So the Bristol Pest are still motorist nobbers.
If it's Bristol, it should have been a Zebral crossing, surely. (PelicOn and Puffin are both light controlled, so that question was badly written)

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Hmmm. Q7 is likely to open a can of worms due to the additional text appended to the correct answer.

I almost feel for them- they don't know what they've got themselves into....

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
They have a more sympathetic reporter or two now, and the editor suggested all drivers should have to cycle for an hour in Bristol as well.. a sea change or clickbait ? One of the reporters gets leads from the Bristol Cyclists facebook page.

Top Bottom