Bristol to Bath cycle path closure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgarl10024

Über Member
I've just been emailed by SGC with a new route:

---
All,
Attached is an amended diversion route for the current closure of the Bristol –Bath Railway Path as part of the Staple Hill bridge widening works.
The route has been changed because the original diversion included a lane that is not currently adopted highway. Amended diversion route is as follows:
A diversion route will be in place while the work is carried out via Signal Road access ramp, Teewell Hill, Teewell Avenue, Seymour Road, High Street, Soundwell Road, Page Road, Upper Station Road and Acacia Road before re-joining the railway path via the access track.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to your journey while these essential works are carried out.
Regards
---

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'd see something saying about an amended route but with no explanation. You'd think they would suggest a route avoiding the temporary traffic lights since that's possible.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
I noticed that the lane/footpath that is part of the diversion near the school yesterday has had red bollards and plastic fencing put up in a zig zag to form some sort of calming measure. Not sure if this is the council or local residents.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I noticed that the lane/footpath that is part of the diversion near the school yesterday has had red bollards and plastic fencing put up in a zig zag to form some sort of calming measure. Not sure if this is the council or local residents.

I believe some of the local residents by the lane are becoming a bit hostile to the cyclists using the diversion, hence the change of route. It also turns out that the lane used isn't adopted as public highway.. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

bmanns

Hi all. Does anyone know when the works are due to be finished and the section of the cycle path in question is to be re-opened?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It was supposed to be about 9 weeks from the beginning of October ish so it would be at least another couple of weeks. I've been avoiding it sometimes but find the diversion ok on the way in but a bit solid on the main road in the evening.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Just looked on one site but hoping this one isn't correct (hopefully it refers to the road under signal control):

image.jpg

bmanns

Thanks for the replies guys. Hopefully it should only be another week then after this one. Looking forward to getting back on it, as cycling on the road in the dark with the weather we've been having (especially given I wear glasses) is far from ideal. Also within the last week, EVERY driver on the road seems to be have been replaced by a complete moron (or should that be even more of a moron?).

Roll on the re-opening.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
This morning I noticed another cyclist get off and walk the bit they have now banned us cycling, and considering how long the lights were red on the main road that's what I'm doing next time. But looking forward to being back on the path!

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
This morning I noticed another cyclist get off and walk the bit they have now banned us cycling, and considering how long the lights were red on the main road that's what I'm doing next time. But looking forward to being back on the path!

I have been cycling thorough at 5.30am and walking the bike at 4.30pm. Also noticed this at the lights the other day.
DSC_0821.JPG

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Were the police out on the path when you went in this morning or did you sneak past whilst they were still in bed, though I guess there aren't that many pedestrians trying to cross the path at Whitehall that early. You would have to have been a fool to have been caught this morning though I'd overheard a conversation so knew they were planning to be there sometime.

Spartak