Bristol to Bath cycle path closure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Well back to the topic. The sign fishponds end this morning is now showing closed for 22 weeks!

To be honest that was the worst journey to work in a few years. Double puncture front and rear, front lights died as had been using it in my mouth when fixing the the bike and then my spare led light was flat so cycled slowly with no lights for the last 5 miles.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well back to the topic. The sign fishponds end this morning is now showing closed for 22 weeks!

To be honest that was the worst journey to work in a few years. Double puncture front and rear, front lights died as had been using it in my mouth when fixing the the bike and then my spare led light was flat so cycled slowly with no lights for the last 5 miles.
:sad: on more than one count!

I've just come round the ring road, to the East of the M32 is clear (well not of traffic:giggle:), but to the west of it is pea soup - though lots of cars seem to have run out of batteries to power their lights too:whistle:

bmanns

Well that's it for me and cycling for some time. I'm not the most confident of cyclists but I was able to live with cycling on the road for around 8 weeks. But 22 weeks? Absolutely disgraceful from the council/builders. How can you be around 300% over deadline? Absolutely disgraceful. I cannot put in to words how angry I am (without being banned). Absolute joke. The council and building staff should hang their heads in shame. The fact is it won't be 22 weeks either - it could well be years. 8 weeks was clearly a number plucked out of thin air and 22 weeks is bound to be also. I will be truly amazed if it is open before June/July 2015.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
I have just come of the line with the engineer from South Glos. Yes 22 weeks is the current plan as they discovered last Friday that the agents carrying out the work have discovered issues. A press statement is due out on Monday.

I had him on the phone for 10 minutes asking about the poor diversions, the lack of communication etc and he was somewhat embarrassed about the whole thing.

Spartak