Bristol to Bath cycle path closure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I do go through the area at school time and there are some idiots around. But as one person says it is a victim of it's success. I think the path from Whitehall inwards could do with being widened. I really enjoy seeing the kids on their bikes on the way to school, there are several small Islabikes that I often see.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
I agree. We had a go at calculating the number of bikes that would have come down the path at that time of day. We recconned by our use of the path and two being local that approx 400 per hour at rush hour. That's 3.5% over 20mph and that's just doing that speed doesnt account for their riding style etc. I could be doing 20 and drop to 5 miles an hour very quickly if I see something to slow for.

Easton new money and idiots on bikes making news when there isn't much to be honest.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I agree. We had a go at calculating the number of bikes that would have come down the path at that time of day. We recconned by our use of the path and two being local that approx 400 per hour at rush hour. That's 3.5% over 20mph and that's just doing that speed doesnt account for their riding style etc. I could be doing 20 and drop to 5 miles an hour very quickly if I see something to slow for.

Easton new money and idiots on bikes making news when there isn't much to be honest.

The path has become too popular !
From school kids walking 4/5 abreast to dog walkers trying to keep their dogs ' under their control ' to cyclists & bike users !

Segregated lanes would be great but probably a pipe dream !!!

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
The path has become too popular !
From school kids walking 4/5 abreast to dog walkers trying to keep their dogs ' under their control ' to cyclists & bike users !

Segregated lanes would be great but probably a pipe dream !!!

I am glad it's there as we almost lost it to the rapid bus lane plan a few years ago. The path is great and horrible in equal measure. I just use my brains but this doesn't go for everyone, especially the kids four wide or some of the dog walkers.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ok I've just seen this on Facebook:
image.jpg

Is the Mango tunnel the same? (Never heard it called that), the date due to reopen fits.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mango is its name if you live Mangotsfield side.... Now that has ruined my day, week, month etc if it is true....
You learn something new every day!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You not local then? I bet you don't know banjo island either my babber?

I'm onto the council in the morning to see if this is true or just some mango lads with a sharpie
Not really, I'm an incomer though 20 years ago, I'm familiar with other islands such as Spike and Turbo!

Top Bottom