Bristol to Bath cycle path closure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
CycleForum@southglos.gov.uk send them an email and they will add you to the email distribution list.

I had a good look at the tunnel over the weekend and they don't seem to have made any improvements. Maybe they will over the coming weeks but to be honest the ammout they must have had to spend on the extension to the scheduled works I doubt it will amount to much. Only another 3 weeks in theory...

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I saw them working on it today (Sunday), so double-time means they must be trying to get it completed asap.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Probably into Liquidated Damages:laugh:. I see what they mean about unsafe to cycle through though - dumper truck on path, pallets of cement etc. I wouldn't want to cycle past that lot. Here's hoping it'll be fixed soon.

I rode out to the Bird in Hand pub. The apshalt down there is getting pretty bad, so I'm not complaining about the forthcoming closure to resurface it. It really needs it!.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I saw them working on it today (Sunday), so double-time means they must be trying to get it completed asap.
Or they are falling even further behind :sad:, I'm normally fairly positive but my hopes have been dashed so many times I'm not going to be celebrating till the first cyclist goes through the tunnel! And I better not get dripped on given they've had soooo long to fix every single one!

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Probably into Liquidated Damages:laugh:. I see what they mean about unsafe to cycle through though - dumper truck on path, pallets of cement etc. I wouldn't want to cycle past that lot. Here's hoping it'll be fixed soon.

I rode out to the Bird in Hand pub. The apshalt down there is getting pretty bad, so I'm not complaining about the forthcoming closure to resurface it. It really needs it!.
That is the Bristol to Bath pave. I love a bit of Paris roubaix twice a day lol

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
Arghhhh.

The madness continues. Now today cycling along the canal from Bath towards the start of the cycle path there are huge signs. Canal path closed for 6 months.... To take down a bridge this time.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
You couldn't make it up. This will be the year from hell on my usual day to day route of choice

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It's probably going to become the bike equivalent of the Forth Bridge ..... As soon as they finish one bit they start somewhere else, except in this case they don't wait till they finish before starting another stage!

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
I love N4 as it is 15 miles of no cars, no pedestrians, no other people on bikes and lots of wildlife dodging joy in the morning and a bit less but equally enjoyable in the afternoon. The last 6 months have made me hate it at times. I want to get on my bike at 5am and ride all the way to Bristol uninterrupted again. Pff

Rasmus

Without a clever title
A bit of positive news popped up on my twitter feed:

CCzgL84W0AAp-83.jpg

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
It's good however it still isn't finished and there will be a few more closures it seems. And then of course there is the Bitton closure coming up in June.... I will be happy to be able to get to work faster but I am still disgusted it went from 8 weeks to 8 months.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
OK I will be having a good look at the tunnel and path in a couple of hours and if it is anything like Tuesday I have great doubts it will be opening at all. We discussed the tunnel and the widening works at length last night with a number of my cycling mates over a few too many beers and ciders and there is a growing opinion that all of this work is a precursor to making it a rapid transit route. I am not one for conspiracy theories however there were some knowledgeable people who have been involved with Sustrans and the local cycling movements for many years so who knows.

Top Bottom