Britain by Bike (Clare Balding)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I used to live in the Colden valley, and was told that there was once 12 water powered mills between its confluence with the Calder, and the New Delight up at Colden
That doesn't surprise me. Many of the old mill buildings have gone, but some evidence of their former presence remains ...

colden_clough_mill_chimney.jpg

Gains84

The West Yorkshire ride follows much of my 'Trauma of Trawden' route, so I think CB struggled a bit at times, as I certainly did that first time! :thumbsup:

I absolutely love that write up makes me laugh every time - in a sympathetic way of course!;)

Thanks for heads up ill check the iplayer and link for future recordings!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I absolutely love that write up makes me laugh every time - in a sympathetic way of course!;)
I haven't been well enough to do that route since summer 2012, but is getting a bit late in the year for me to have a go at it now, when my fitness is not great. I think I will wait until next spring before venturing out there again!

Toeclip

Guru
Just a few days ago in my local charity shop I found `Britain by Bike` 2 disc DVD still wrapped up in cellophane so never been used for just £2. I`ve not heard of this before as I`ve no telly, so I`m looking forward to watching it when I get the time,

Top Bottom