Britain's biggest driving schools to roll out cycle awareness module

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Step in the right direction.

It needs to become a bigger part of the driving test as well.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Because my instructor is a cyclist (Gavroche) we use cyclists as an example in every lesson. He is always reminding me to check my blind spot for the cyclist, and look out for the silly cyclist shooting up your left.

I have overtaken cyclists whilst driving with my parents and both times I have been proud of myself for giving them room and driving sensibly.
The first time was on a main road with a cross hatching area in the middle, I went right into the centre of the cross hatching and gave the cyclist a full lane.
The second time I has heading back from Sainsbury's and came behind a cyclist. I saw a pinch point ahead so decided to wait behind him. I also waited behind him around the left hand bend and then finally overtook him here. I once again moved right over onto the other side of the road and ensured that I didnt cut back in on him.
Unfortunately the cyclist was a bit of an idiot and after driving on for a little while, I saw him fly out of this junction without even looking right. Causing me to brake hard.

Top Bottom