Britains Most Hated Cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I don't know why people can't abide by rules.

Unfortunately it seems to be the majority of the human race that have his affliction.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't understand why this sort of thing isn't obvious to the police. I suspect riding a camera-equipped police bicycle along roadside cycle tracks, "salmoning" so they have a clear view of the oncoming drivers, would catch at least one phoney driver a mile on the A roads around here most of the day, including some driving large lorries. More in rush hour. If handheld phone use is one of the #fatal4 traffic policiing priorities, why does it seem to be left to the likes of Dave Sherry?

Tin Pot

Guru
The bus company reaction is terrible too - give all their drivers a bluetooth headset FFS. They should be instructing their drivers to have their phones turned off when they are driving, not give them the bare minimum to keep them legal.

I think their response was correct:

"Being a professional driver there's no excuse to be on a phone while driving… Dave has done a great job because he identified a driver who could have caused a disaster."

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think their response was correct:

"Being a professional driver there's no excuse to be on a phone while driving… Dave has done a great job because he identified a driver who could have caused a disaster."

The important bit is this:
"Town Link director Mario Gioia has now issued all 22 of his drivers Bluetooth headsets so they can chat without holding their mobiles." and ....... Mario said: "The driver has been sacked and we have issued free Bluetooth headsets to all drivers now so there are no excuses.

Still think it is correct to encourage drivers to use their phone whilst driving, albeit handsfree?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The worrying thing is that bus drivers don't seem to get the hint - Sueperb (Dave Sherry) has had previous with bus drivers and mobiles including a couple (at least) claimed job losses.

Last edited:

Lonestar

Veteran
A comment on there.Not by me.Ever.

I have seen a lot of these Idiots that use a mobile phone when driving ! but I have also seen a lot of IDIOTS on Cycles who think that they actually own the road and that they should be given president over everyone else, I do not commend drivers using mobiles while driving but stooping so low as to shop a work mate instead of just taking him to one side & saying look at this Mate !!!!! don't let there be a next time would have no doubt sufficed, costing a man his lively hood is not the best way to gain the respect of your boss or your colleagues & this preying parasite of the roads will no doubt be either snubbed by all who are unfortunate enough to work with him or an irate motorist who will not think twice about taking his camera and shoving it where it will no doubt belongs.

I take it car drivers own the road then? They pay road tax,you know.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I have seen a lot of these Idiots that use a mobile phone when driving ! but I have also seen a lot of IDIOTS on Cycles who think that they actually own the road and that they should be given president over everyone else, I do not commend drivers using mobiles while driving but stooping so low as to shop a work mate instead of just taking him to one side & saying look at this Mate !!!!! don't let there be a next time would have no doubt sufficed, costing a man his lively hood is not the best way to gain the respect of your boss or your colleagues & this preying parasite of the roads will no doubt be either snubbed by all who are unfortunate enough to work with him or an irate motorist who will not think twice about taking his camera and shoving it where it will no doubt belongs.

The author does have a point.

Lonestar

Veteran
The author does have a point.

You really think that would stop the bus driver from doing it again? I do wonder why they booted him out anyway?

If it's a first offence would that be a warning,do it again and you are out?

If I did this at work I'd be straight out of the door.I wouldn't expect anything less.If someone "grassed" me so be it.It's my own fault,not theirs.

Top Bottom