British Cycling free gift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Has anyone ever joined BC and got a decent free gift? They keep on emailing and trying to entice me with the offer of a rubbish pump or mug which I don't want or need. Is it worth holding out for something good or should I just join up and be done with it?

uclown2002

Guru
Join up and be done with it!

bpsmith

Veteran
They are currently offering a free Park Tool multi tool.

What's the major reason to join though guys? Seems to be not much to it?

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think the park tool offer has expired. It was a pretty rubbish tool anyway but if it's still available I might take it.

My main reason for joining is so that I can tell anyone who says that cyclists should be insured to eff off.

bpsmith

Veteran
I think the park tool offer has expired. It was a pretty rubbish tool anyway but if it's still available I might take it.

My main reason for joining is so that I can tell anyone who says that cyclists should be insured to eff off.

Doh! Just checked and ended at midnight. Been away so forgot, as was contemplating it. Is the liability insurance worth the spend alone? It's something I plan on doing, along with properly insuring both bikes for damage/theft too, but not got around to yet.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
They are currently offering a free Park Tool multi tool.

What's the major reason to join though guys? Seems to be not much to it?

3rd party insurance and legal cover in case of an accident, also if you go and do a sportive sometimes they charge you extra if you dont have cover and you get money off a various places and a warm fuzzy feeling ^_^

compo

Veteran
BC don't give us geriatrics a discount. London Cycling Campaign do and also offer third party insurance and legal cover.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
British Cycling offering a 10% discount at the biggest retailer not to contribute to the Bike Hub grants seems a bit of an "I'm alright Jack so screw all the rest of you". That and their helmet compulsion on charity rides are reasons that I joined something else and got insurance another way.

Top Bottom