British Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ask them.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You said on the original thread that you aren't injured? You don't need to get a lawyer or anyone else involved at this stage. Send photos of the bike to the drivers insurors along with a quote from your LBS for repair/replacement and your Gopro footage and they will cough up.

classic33

Leg End Member
How do I find their insurers?
Have you tried asking.

classic33

Leg End Member
Uh, I contacted the police and British Cycling. Wouldn't they be able to tell me?
British Cycling won't know it. The police may have recorded who her insurance company is, so worth asking them. And getting their incident number at the same time.
The other option is to phone, using the details given and ask for the insurance company.

But as advised by others, get your bike into a bike shop, explain what happened and get them to check the bike. Getting a quote for any repairs required, before you phone the driver.

Reactions: C R

vickster

Legendary Member
Leigh Day work on a no win, no fee (BC's solicitors) so contact BC accident line, or otherwise Leigh Day direct.

Same outcome.

Not necessarily if you’re not a member I think. If a simple no win no fee, LD will take a cut of the pay our (as well as their fees) as BC will not be indemnifying

Last edited:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
You don’t need to know their insurer - all you need is their name and reg number and your claims company will access a database to find their insurer.

As mentioned there are no win no fee companies available however most will take a cut for example 25%.

If your BC auto renewed then it is likely that they will pay the claims companies cut and you will receive the total amount. If not then expect to receive the reduced figure eg. 75%

Top Bottom