British & Irish Lions Tour - **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Its a real shame, one of the best in the world when on form. Looked out of sorts in his first game and then took a knock in the second. Any news on who is being called up to replace him ?
Gavin Mairs, Telegraph...

It is understood that Hogg is likely to return to the UK in the next 48 hours but the 24 year-old will not be replaced as the Lions believe they have enough cover at full-back, with Halfpenny, Jared Payne, Liam Williams and Anthony Watson in the squad.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Another stuttering defeat today.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Another stuttering defeat today.

I'm not overly concerned about that. It was quite a long way from being the Test team and my view is that the NZ Super rugby sides represent an unusually stiff test for a midweek side

NZ Maoris are effectively a 4th test so we will know a lot more about the Lions' ability to compete after that

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Not very happy with drafting average Welsh into the squad. Seems to devalue the shirt when there are English and Irish players who are clearly better.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Mixed feelings after Saturday's game. On the positive side, the set piece and defensive systems are looking good. I can see Gatland's game plan - close the ABs down and start building a leading through kicking the 3 pointers. They certainly have the pack the be able to achieve this, I like the idea of having the 4 Sarries players at the heart. What worries me is if the ABs get of the a flier and get an early lead. The attack is lacking any type of flair and i don't see how the Lions can score enough tries. Non of the wingers have looked good, I'm assuming Halfpenny will be playing FB so there will not be a lot of counter attack coming that way either. Big Ben Teo will carry the ball the hard yards, but is not really a distributor, which leaves, I imagine Johnny Sexton and Jonathan Davies to make something happen. I would prefer to see Jonathan Joseph in the 13 shirt but I fear he is not Welsh enough.

rugby bloke

Veteran
A couple of interesting selections in the starting 15 for Saturday:

upload_2017-6-23_12-8-8.png

Certainly not the back 3 that everyone had penciled in, more attacking than I would have anticipated I'm pleased to see O'Mahony getting a start, he has been one of the stars of the tour. Counting down the hours till kick off.

Have I missed something?

Not one single Scottish player in the team or on the bench. Is it their way of making a case for independence?

:okay:

Top Bottom