British & Irish Lions Tour - **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rualexander

rualexander

Legendary Member
Yebbut "The All Blacks went into the game having won 46 Tests in a row in New Zealand"
Not only that, they haven't lost at Eden Park since 1994!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Not often I find myself agreeing with Jeremy Guscott, but this analysis is pretty much spot on - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40393152

Not hitting the line at pace and assuming your pack will dominate is just daft.
From 1 to 15, and then from 16 to whatever is the highest number on the bench, the AB's are better, and better in almost every dimension and aspect, than their opposite numbers from the Lions. Better at thinking, better at special awareness, better at hitting the gaps, better at making the hard yards, better at doing the basics. Need I go on.

On the right day, at a ground in the UK, probably Cardiff, the cream of British and Irish Rugby, and I mean the cream not the squad/team the one-eyed ninny has picked, could, with a bit of luck, and the right ref, and with the AB's being jet-lagged, and with the Lions test side having played together for several matches against decent opposition, well, they might win 1 in 3.

AndyRM

XOXO
From 1 to 15, and then from 16 to whatever is the highest number on the bench, the AB's are better, and better in almost every dimension and aspect, than their opposite numbers from the Lions. Better at thinking, better at special awareness, better at hitting the gaps, better at making the hard yards, better at doing the basics. Need I go on.

On the right day, at a ground in the UK, probably Cardiff, the cream of British and Irish Rugby, and I mean the cream not the squad/team the one-eyed ninny has picked, could, with a bit of luck, and the right ref, and with the AB's being jet-lagged, and with the Lions test side having played together for several matches against decent opposition, well, they might win 1 in 3.

Don't hold back...

AndyRM

XOXO

Really? Only Folau is better IMO, and he'd be significantly so if he could make up his mind what code he wanted to play.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So. The formula is 15 of ours can grind out a win against 14 of theirs, provided the weather is our 16th player.

A win's a win fa'all that.

OP
OP
rualexander

rualexander

Legendary Member
If Sonny Bill's red card was fair (which is debatable), then Vunipola should have been shown a red card for smashing Barrett in the head with his forearm.
The TMO seemed to be trying to suggest a red for Vunipola but the ref didn't seem to be hearing his intervention to consider it further.
Only the third red card in All Black history, last one was in 1967, Colin Meads, against Scotland.
Full strength All Blacks would have won that game easily.

OP
OP
rualexander

rualexander

Legendary Member
Close game, and probably a fair result but the decision by the ref near the end to review the offside by the Lions seemed incorrect, and the ABs should have had a potentially winning penalty.
This was the opposite scenario of when Scotland were penalised at the end of their world cup quarter final against Australia and the ref refused to review the decision, claiming that they could only go to a tv replay review in the case of foul play.
Has the rule on this been changed since then allowing it today?

Top Bottom