British & Irish Lions Tour - **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Close game, and probably a fair result but the decision by the ref near the end to review the offside by the Lions seemed incorrect, and the ABs should have had a potentially winning penalty.
This was the opposite scenario of when Scotland were penalised at the end of their world cup quarter final against Australia and the ref refused to review the decision, claiming that they could only go to a tv replay review in the case of foul play.
Has the rule on this been changed since then allowing it today?
The Law on offside ain't changed. a knock on was judged, a Lion in front of the knocking on player played the ball and denied the ABs and advantage. Peno every time.

The protocols might have changed. For some reason ref didn't want his decision to decide the series...

I shall commune with my refereeing better.

Johny Sexton will from now on be known as Johny 'Sick Note' Sexton in our house.

I appreciate that he is an excellent fly half but seemed to spend at least 10 minutes every game lying on the ground being tended to by the Lions medical staff. He was the same when playing for Ireland in the Six Nations.

Overall, I think the Lions should be pleased with a drawn series against a better All Blacks side.

Graham

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Across the test matches BIL led for about four minutes. On aggregate BIL lost.

Bluddy marvellous to scrape the draw and to see the ABs blow chances like England on an off day.

Top Bottom