Brixton Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I didnt mind making my contribution to Brixton Cycles to help them keep going and get new premises, good luck to them.

But their organisation to get the t shirts out to subscribers has left a lot to be desired.

Is anyone else still waiting?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I never got my cap. But I have half a memory of ticking a box saying I'd go in to the shop to get it, so that may be the reason.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I've got mine!! It came through the post yesterday.

I wasn't really bothered because I knew they had a huge amount to do with the move. These guys are the good guys.

Im with you on that Rocky. Im glad my bit helped. I think most of the problem was that they were not prepared for it to take off like it did. Im sure it will turn up eventually.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A few years back, I cycled Northumberland-London, and popped into Brixton Cycles to buy myself a celebratory jersey. They were out of my size, but when I told them where I'd cycled from, they gave me a free cycling cap, which I still wear with pride (and I eventually got a jersey too). I donated a tenner for their move etc too.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My chosen reward of a cap never arrived.

I got an email along the lines of 'fill in this survey or you won't get your reward', which I took to mean 'we haven't a clue who is entitled to what'.

Couldn't be bothered with the survey, so I've forfeited my right to a cap.

RedRider

Pulling through
They've been busy and the new shop's looking good. l could ask what's happening with the caps etc when I'm next in maybe??
Another great bit of service from them the other day... I loaned a mate's bike as I've been temporarily bikeless but the rear hub imploded after day two whilst I was travelling between work appointments. I carried the bike into the shop towards the end of the day bemoaning the fact I'd have to bus it home. Jim insisted on taking the hub to bits, spent a good hour fishing through the parts bin and when the problem couldn't ultimately be resolved that night, insisted on giving me a wheel which I kept for three weeks. No charge. Great shop. (I returned the wheel along with some posh cider last week.)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
My cap just arrived...very nice it is too. Not bothered by the wait, it was a good cause. Must pop in and find my name on the wall some time....

Top Bottom