Broadwith's end-to-end attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toffee

Guru
Michael Broadwith started at 8 this morning. At 21.30 he's over 300 miles and north of Kidderminster. About 40 mins up on schedule.
Gethin Butler's record of 44hrs 4mins was set in 2001.

Different world to the rest of us. Our plan for later this year, this would be around day 5 :ohmy::ohmy::bicycle::bicycle:

MikeG

Guru
These people are amazing. Those miles, at that speed.........stunning.

I love the fact that, like the incredible Andy Wilkinson before him, he's an amateur, just cycling in his spare time. He's actually a maths teacher from Watford.

Last edited:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
My mate started his end-to-end on Saturday and has just reached Manchester. I am in awe of him. That guy will be swooshing past him some time tomorrow on day 2 of his ride. Stunning stuff.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Good winds, so think he has a real chance.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I once pipped him for a KOM place on a strava segment , apparently he set his time with his kid in a child seat on the back on his morning commute, whilst I was flat out eyes popping on the road bike! Good luck!

MikeG

Guru
At 1.45 today he had covered 598 miles in 29 hrs 45 mins. That means an average of 20.1mph if I've got everything right. If he maintains this to the end he'll get there in a total of about 41.8 hours. Seems like he's well ahead of schedule. 240 miles is still a helluva long way, though, and the Highlands, and a couple of those monster coastal climbs, are bound to slow him down.

If anyone wants to go out and keep him company, he's approaching Perth.

Last edited:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I believe this is his first attempt. Ian To failed earlier this year.
The incredible Jasmijn Muller also tried last year to beat the female record, but had to give up due to sickness. She's also about to launch a new bid.

Her websites (https://www.lejogrecord.co.uk/ and https://duracellbunnyonabike.com/about/) are well worth reading, and a very good example of how this sort of event can be publicised - even if confirming her name on them is a little tricky...

Top Bottom