Broken aerial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 1855430, member: 9609"]A better response would be to invest in a helmet cam and take revenge through uTube or the law. The days are gone (sadly) when knocking a few teeth out was considered fair play.[/quote]

How does that work then?

400bhp

Guru
You misunderstood-how do you take revenge via youtube?

[QUOTE 1855871, member: 9609"]I will try and explain - When the driver who nearly left hooked you looks up his registration plate on uTube - apparently drivers regularly look up their own, and their neighbours reg plate on uTube - he will go "O my god what will neighbours think when they look up my reg plate and see my minor traffic infringement, they will scoff at me at the next dinner party, or even worse they may not even invite me" this will clearly give the driver sleepless nights and he will regret his carelessness and not do it again!
Now you have to admit that is a whole lot more satisfying to your average cyclist than having the knowledge that the driver contemplated his poor driving while his dentist retrieved his teeth from the back of his throat.[/quote]

Had a prat in a BMW take the left turn lane at a junction and then turn right across my path. Caught up a fewseconds later where he was getting irate and blasting his horn at a bus for being in his way. He then turned into a car park.

Simply dropped a DVD on his windscreen with a copy of the flyer from Leopard films about the BBC documentary.

[QUOTE 1855871, member: 9609"]... When the driver who nearly left hooked you looks up his registration plate on uTube - apparently drivers regularly look up their own, and their neighbours reg plate on uTube - ... [/quote]

Do people really look up their car registrations on YouTube?

And their neighbours'?

Why on Earth would they want to?

This all sounds a little weird or imagined to me.

I understand the broader point about posting video perhaps being more constructive than causing criminal damage, but I cannot imagine that most drivers search for their own registration even once, let alone regularly.

Just FYI if someone now searches "hagley road broken aerial" or similar this thread pops up near the top, google having indexed your confession. ;)

On topic, I really dont agree with going as far as criminal damage because of some erratic/dangerous driving, should have just left the scene avoiding the danger without doing it and/or reported them. Maybe it made him think, or maybe it just propagated a stereotype of cycling vigilantes :P

Heh heh, first result on the google search!

[QUOTE 1857668, member: 9609"]Struggling to believe you took my post seriously[/quote]

There is no emoticom on the drop-down menu for "Feel a bit of a fool".

You'll have to imagine one and then insert it into this post.

Top Bottom