Bromley Cyclists - Hildenborough, Kent, Circular Ride Saturday 21st March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here we go again with another Bromley Cyclists ride. :smile:

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, . . we wait for all... Just turn up and go . . .
All are :sad:

Day: Saturday 21st March 2009
Contact Ride Leader: Andrew Fergar
Email : kayacan@aol.com
Mobile : 07717 693 701 (no text's please)

Meeting Points
Catford Station (NB NOT Catford Bridge!) 8.45am for the 09:02 train to Bromley South, changing with 7 minutes to spare onto the service to Hildenborough - ETA 09:45. Trevor will be waiting for you.
Bromley South Station Forecourt at 09:00 where Andrew will be waiting. To catch the 09:20 direct service to Hildenborough - ETA 09:45

The Ride
Today's ride will be 34 miles in length and has 2010 ft of ascent and descent ....with the majority of the tougher climbing in the first 14 miles ....but we won't be setting a brisk pace......I think this ride is doable for most non novice riders. Plus there will not be any off road sections .

Upon leaving Hildenborough we set off South West towards Charcott and Chiddingstone Causeway ....once we get to The Horseshoes we will be going South through Weller's Town and Chiddingstone Hoath ...before veering slightly East to White Post . From White Post we progress Westwards to Cowden and thence towards Dormansland in Surrey . After this ...going North then North East we skirt the edge of Lingfield ...and pass through the centre of Edenbridge and onwards to Hever . After Hever the route takes us all the way around the Bough Beech reservoir ...and thence back onto the same stretch of road that we took initially from Hildeborough to get back to the station .

This ride will be along lanes for 96% of it's length ...and we will try and take in one or two of the most interesting Churches that we come to ...
Our Lunch Stop : Edenbridge at Ye Old Crown

As an optional extra for the die hard hill climbing fanatics amongst us ....I will almost certainly be doing an extension of this ride to Eynsford via Seal Chart, Kemsing and Romney Street ...which will add on 14 miles and another 1291 ft of ascent and descent ...I don't anticipate having any trouble using our Hildenborough return tickets to get home from Eynsford ...with the added bonus that this train goes directly back to Bromley South or Catford
Buy return tickets to Hildenborough

If anyone would like a Memory map (mmo) file or gpx file of the route.
Please pm me.
We look forward to seeing you.
Ian

What Should I Take With Me on a Ride?

Always
Water
Money
Inner tubes (2 are recommended)
Tools to remove your wheel and tyre
Pump
Lights
Lock
Puncture repair kit

Consider
Waterproofs
Helmet (especially for mountain bike rides)
An extra clothing layer
Eye protection (sun glasses)
Sun screen
Snacks (flapjacks, bananas etc)
Maps
Camera
Mobile phone
First aid kit
Gear cable
Brake cable

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well I'm up for this one, although starting and finishing at Hildenborough. None of this gadding around to other hilly places!

Top Bottom