BrommiePlus 3 speed derailleur upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I think James Houston is riding one in the Transcontinental Race at the moment.

Not the BrommiePlus version, but I've got the MiniMods 3 sprocket kit (12/14/17t) fitted to my BWR hub, with a simple friction shifter set up.
Works ok, although the shifting has to be fairly precise. An indexed shifter might work better.
The BWR hub already has the correct driver fitted so didn't need to change that.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/minimods-brompton-3-cog-upgrade-kit-12-15-17t/
How does the MiniMods kit work with the 6 speed BWR gearing? I like the even steps between successive gears but one higher and one lower would be nice… does this help or is the spacing all messed up?

Last edited:

rualexander

Legendary Member
How does the MiniMods kit work with the 6 speed BWR gearing? I like the even steps between successive gears but one higher and one lower would be nice… does this help or is the spacing all messed up?
This is the gear inches chart I get from Sheldon Brown gear calculator wit 34t chainring. I have a triple chainset on my Bropmton so also have 26t and 48t chainrings.
Screenshot_2022-08-15-19-23-58-621-01.jpeg

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
As we are talking about a 3rd party mod by a Taiwanese company I do have my doubts that Brompton Bikes could and would be able or wanting to help...

Apols. Thought it was Brompton. :shy:

Top Bottom