Brompton 2017 bikes new features

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi :hello: on you tube video showing new 2017 bikes with new gear shifters design on them. Don't no how to post video link but it's on you tube video called. Brompton black edition 2017 arrived at de bromptonwinkel amersfoort and we give a quick go

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
And in English....? What's new (for someone who is getting more tempted by a Brompton... I love the look, but I still need to have a go on one).

And why is it called the black edition?

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi :smile: it's called black edition because most of the components on the bike are all black wheel rims and seat post stem etc but now there mixing colours like different frame colour to the black it's not really a black edition so much it started all black the bike

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's a bit disappointing if that's all the R&D people could come up with. Where's the model with 20" wheels? Can they continue to ride on their past success? I don't know but with much more exciting and innovative models coming out from rivals I'm sure questions are being asked in the boardroom. The spectre of Nokia and Blackberry must be haunting them.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It's a bit disappointing if that's all the R&D people could come up with. Where's the model with 20" wheels? Can they continue to ride on their past success? I don't know but with much more exciting and innovative models coming out from rivals I'm sure questions are being asked in the boardroom. The spectre of Nokia and Blackberry must be haunting them.
Backwards compatibility still appears to dominate their thinking.

Somehow I seriously doubt this. Brompton's production continues to grow and there is no sign yet of weakening demand. Remember >80% of production goes to export markets. I can't see Brexit making a dent in that. Whatever innovations other companies are exploring, Brompton's design meets a certain brief no one else seems seriously interested in competing with. They not only occupy a niche, they dominate it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Somehow I seriously doubt this. Brompton's production continues to grow and there is no sign yet of weakening demand. Remember >80% of production goes to export markets. I can't see Brexit making a dent in that. Whatever innovations other companies are exploring, Brompton's design meets a certain brief no one else seems seriously interested in competing with. They not only occupy a niche, they dominate it.
And, in China, I'm told they've given up faking them and buy the real thing now.

Perhaps we will get an E-Brompton at some point.

I have to say the changes is the shifters is quite disappointing. I only got mine a few months ago and i certainly won't be requesting an upgrade for those.
Brompton says the e-Brompton will happen,but haven't said when.

Yep, some of the upgrades are worth it, some aren't. The brake levers a few years ago totally were.

doginabag

Maybe they thought of it and decided there is no need?
Having come from a20" wheeled folding bike to a Brompton, I have no desire to have a larger wheeled version.

Top Bottom