Brompton as a delivery bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
such baskets sag over time.

I’ve never seen that happen, and there are plenty in use here in Oxford, every other bike seems to have one.

u_i

Über Member
I’ve never seen that happen, and there are plenty in use here in Oxford, every other bike seems to have one.
I looked for baskets in oblong shapes around the household, to take photos, but I seems that I trashed them by now. My problem has been of carrying loads to and back from work. The long-term experience has been of the common commercial wire baskets needing some rigid platform from the bottom, preferably ultimately resting on the axles, to preventing the long-term sagging. In addition, the baskets need stronger, thicker wires in their structure, to keep shape, beyond the thin wire there to keep tiny items from falling out. Finally, it is good to put some lining into a basket to prevent grating action. A book cover can be destroyed by such a basket within 5 min ride.

Gunk

Guru
Steve I made the backing plate out of an old UK acrylic number plate chopped in half, full details are my on my Brompton thread (clicky is on my sig below)

The threaded square plate came with the basket, I just reused it.

Top Bottom