Brompton or Inokim Electric Scooter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maroon

Über Member
Hi
Wondered if you wonderful people had any thoughts I use the trains daily and need something to get there .
I had considered a Brompton for portability and it’s a Brompton, however a scooter could get me there with the minimum effort and sweat free!!!
Just not convinced it’s no more than a toy !!!

Cost equates around the same just hoped to collect your thoughts on it

Thanks in advance

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You might get more than few choice remarks on that scooter! At 14.5 kg it's no lightweight either.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
30 MPH as quiet as an iron with radius of 64 miles impressive I think
At 29kg it may be cast from it as well :smile:

If you want to dip your toe consider a cheaper folder and put a electric conversion on it? Or buy a used one, there's plenty out there.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Notwithstanding the legal aspect I don't a think I could put up all the shouts of "My little brother wants his scooter back".

Mrs M

Guru
7E5628CE-9694-4816-AEC8-FF657958D423.jpeg
I’d go for the Brompton :smile: cooler and safer :dry:
On our way to work by car we spotted a young lady on a non electric scooter, going over the bridge into the city same time as us.
By the time we’d parked and walked into the centre she was zooming past us :ohmy:
Then one of the teeny tiny wheels hit a stone or something and the lady was lying on the pavement with a very swollen ankle. (Also think an adult on a scooter looks daft). See prick above!

Drago

Legendary Member
The Inokim is effectively a motor vehicle, and requires all the licencing and documentation that goes with it. Shame it's not pedal assisted as it's sidestep that one. Anyway, the odds of getting fingered are slim, but not non existent. Therefore, I can only advise the Brompton.

Top Bottom