Brompton or Inokim Electric Scooter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
The Inokim is effectively a motor vehicle, and requires all the licencing and documentation that goes with it. Shame it's not pedal assisted as it's sidestep that one. Anyway, the odds of getting fingered are slim, but not non existent. Therefore, I can only advise the Brompton.
The inokim is pedal assisted so in fact does manage to negate that issue which was one of the reason I’m considering it fwiw I already own a van Nicholas Yukon so may consider the inokim

Drago

Legendary Member
None of the models listed on their UK website are pedal assisted.

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
Started hunting for 2017 Brompton s6l on fleabag if such a thing exists at a reasonable price , have taken this action having checked the route I’d be taking should I buy a scooter there’s only a few minutes difference between a scooter and cycling

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
If you travel to and from the same station regularly, why not just get two cheap hack bikes and keep one locked up at each end of your journey. That way you wouldn't need an expensive Brompton or a silly scooter.

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
If you travel to and from the same station regularly, why not just get two cheap hack bikes and keep one locked up at each end of your journey. That way you wouldn't need an expensive Brompton or a silly scooter.
It’s an idea.... thanks for your contribution

ukoldschool

Started hunting for 2017 Brompton s6l on fleabag if such a thing exists at a reasonable price , have taken this action having checked the route I’d be taking should I buy a scooter there’s only a few minutes difference between a scooter and cycling

Might be worth checking if your employer runs the cycle to work scheme?

I was in the same predicament, searched for ages to find a decent condition, reasonable priced second hand brompton, and realised they don't seem to exist... they are either cheap and knackered or very expensive for something thats not new, so I bit the bullet and got one new from Evans using the £100 discount when you trade in your old bike (which was purchased the same day from facebook locally for £10..)

OP
OP
M

maroon

Über Member
Might be worth checking if your employer runs the cycle to work scheme?

I was in the same predicament, searched for ages to find a decent condition, reasonable priced second hand brompton, and realised they don't seem to exist... they are either cheap and knackered or very expensive for something thats not new, so I bit the bullet and got one new from Evans using the £100 discount when you trade in your old bike (which was purchased the same day from facebook locally for £10..)
Thank you we have a ctw scheme , but they’ve gone with Halfords this year from cycles U.K. ???
Still might be worth looking into if I can find an old bike somewhere .

ukoldschool

Thank you we have a ctw scheme , but they’ve gone with Halfords this year from cycles U.K. ???

Halfrauds will soon be selling Bromptons....

vickster

Legendary Member
Plenty of LBS take Halfords vouchers, some of whom will sell Bromptons, eg Pearsons, On your bike, Fudges if around London

Brains

Legendary Member
Brompton do an electric bike as well.
I'm not sure its available in the UK, but I've seen two of them in Norway, so they do exist.

Top Bottom