Brompton (or other folders) office storage solution.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Nice, I'm just imagining a wall of them for a Brompton collector.
Could be a displayed cheapest in the bottom row to most expensive in the top row and the columns in colour bands. One way to show off every model in every colour!:thumbsup:

I wonder how much that would cost, for the Bromptons?:scratch:

There is an official Brompton Dock operated by South West Trains.

Trouble is it that it is again failing to address the real issue of taking your bike on a train.

.. and at £4 per day, you could buy a new Brompton each year for less than the hire fees!

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
There is an official Brompton Dock operated by South West Trains.

Trouble is it that it is again failing to address the real issue of taking your bike on a train.

.. and at £4 per day, you could buy a new Brompton each year for less than the hire fees!
Are there issues with taking folders on trains? I know some companies insist its in a bag but do any train companies ban folders completely?

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Are there issues with taking folders on trains? I know some companies insist its in a bag but do any train companies ban folders completely?

You'd probably get quite a bit of glare from the other passengers if you took one on an over-crowded train during some morning rush hour trains where there's hardly standing room.

South West Trains new literature only accepts folders that fit into their (extremely small and sparsely provided) luggage spaces.

Anything bigger then a Brompton is no longer carried officially

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Shame that, I have only used arriva trains so far all they seem to insist on is that you fold it up.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I like the idea but £500! It looks like the sort of thing you could make yourself if you have some basic carpentry skills. Sadly, I never got beyond making toy guns out of blocks of wood and lengths of dowling at school.

Top Bottom