Brompton accessory advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B3n4

Looking to see if any other Brompton owners can help with any child seat experience/advice.

We are going to be cycling the little one to nursery soon. Its a grand distance of 0.9 miles miles.

I was thinking of getting one to front mount, low on the handle bar. Keen to hear anyone else experience/views on the best options or one that worked well for them.

Thanks
Ben

Kell

Veteran
I can't imagine that working.

The whole of the stems turns, so your child would be swung back and forth at every turn. Not only seems like it wouldn't be great but it would mess with your balance.

I've never seen it done on a Brompton. That's not to say it's not possible. It just feels like all the solutions available to a 'normal' bike wouldn't work.

OP
OP
B

B3n4

I did the obligatory google too, to see that it was possible. Just trying to find someone who tried it and succeeded!

Don't fancy buying a whole new bike just for the nursery run. We have thought about the trailer but it adds all the bulk and (need for) space that a Brompton avoids. Though a trailer it is very much still an option.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I haven't tried it, but I regularly see a chap on a white Brompton taking his kid to the nursery near where I work in Reading . I don't recall what type of handlebars he's got on the bike, but I'm pretty sure the bar type is irrelevant. ( see photo)

6060710252_cce89a7c2c.jpg

Kell

Veteran
There appear to be a few variations of this type of one - which is the only one I can really see working.

Think it's by a company called Pere.

It also looks like you can detach the front clamp and still fold the bike.

s-l1600.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I haven't tried it, but I regularly see a chap on a white Brompton taking his kid to the nursery near where I work in Reading . I don't recall what type of handlebars he's got on the bike, but I'm pretty sure the bar type is irrelevant. ( see photo)

View attachment 722239

Child needs to be a certain age for that type, and the clip to mount a bobike mini isnt compatible with an S bar

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Child needs to be a certain age for that type, and the clip to mount a bobike mini isnt compatible with an S bar

I wouldn’t know, never had any snot rats, just keep seeing a bloke using one like that, I guess the kid is about 3 or 4 years old.

Top Bottom