Brompton rattle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fields Electric

If the rattle is in sympathy with the holes in the road. Start looking at the bottom swivel bush. I seem to replace mine every 3 years or so. When it goes it sounds like someone tapping the frame with a hammer.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The Bromptons rattle, and it seems a mystery as to why. What fell off? I would think I'd have to lose something substantial for one of them to stop rattling. That said if I hit certain roads and it was quiet it would scare the hell outta me.

Nothing fell off, it was a joke.

berlinonaut

Veteran
There is probably a reason why these stickers exist :angel::

1000x750.jpg

500x375.jpg

03d55cba9c08f5cdd19838b870e2c1d4.jpg

Kell

Veteran
It’s possible to lose something significant and not really notice.

I lost my pump about 6 months after getting the bike.

I heard something fall off and bounce along the road, but assumed it was a light - as that’s the usual culprit.

Checked my light and couldn’t find anything on the road.

Didn’t realise it was the pump till months later when I needed it.

I know exactly where it was (top end of Hyde Park) but can only assume that it bounced on the road and then up the kerb into the grass - which is why I couldn't see it at the time.

Didn’t bother replacing it with another Brompton specific one, I now carry one in my bag instead.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
It was a couple of years before I realised that the faint sound of a distant turbine that I heard every time I cycled my Brommie along a particular stretch of country lane was in fact wind blowing through the spokes and reverberating of the banks on either side of the road🤔

Top Bottom