Brompton Saddle question .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Those that use the Brompton Saddle, do you find it more comfortable in civvies than in padded Lycra?

It doesn't seem great in my fave padded cycle kit, but works a treat in regular shorts or Craghoppers walking trews for example.
A case of too much padding?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

[QUOTE 3642685, member: 45"]Bored in Bristol?[/QUOTE]
Nope!
Had a good ride up to Clifton, across the bridge, around the Downs and meandered around the harbour. Just had a nice goat curry in Turtle bay!
Am here tomorrow, fancy a pint or a pedal tomorrow? My Bristol days will end soon.
Maybe @User482 is around ... He likes a beer I've heard ....

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Just swap it for a Brooks B-17 – almost every Brompton owner does, sooner or later.

brompton-ben8-12.jpg

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Just swap it for a Brooks B-17 – almost every Brompton owner does, sooner or later.

brompton-ben8-12.jpg
I have 2 Brooks already, so apart from cost that's not a worry.
Having a saddle that's comfy in regular shorts/ trousers is no bad thing though.

U

User482

Nope!
Had a good ride up to Clifton, across the bridge, around the Downs and meandered around the harbour. Just had a nice goat curry in Turtle bay!
Am here tomorrow, fancy a pint or a pedal tomorrow? My Bristol days will end soon.
Maybe @User482 is around ... He likes a beer I've heard ....

'fraid not old bean. I've put my back out so travelling is limited to hobbling between work and home at the moment! Are you on the Whitstable ride?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

[QUOTE 3643139, member: 45"]I may be able to get a pass out. Are you to be drinking in Bristol again?[/QUOTE]
There's every possibility!**
Am staying down at the Millennium Square, but could bicycle somewhere to meet in your direction ... if it's within city limits.

**YES

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

'fraid not old bean. I've put my back out so travelling is limited to hobbling between work and home at the moment! Are you on the Whitstable ride?
Damn, that's a shame, hope you get better soon! Unfortunately not on the Whistable ride, too much going-on what with our Cycling Festival on Sunday etc, girls back from Uni et al and looks like I'm off to France for work Thursday and Friday too. Never easy to squeeze all this stuff in and keep everyone happy!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I have 2 Brooks already, so apart from cost that's not a worry.
Having a saddle that's comfy in regular shorts/ trousers is no bad thing though.
Yeah, though I find Brooks are the same for the maximum 30-40 mile rides I do on the Brompton.

As for the rings, I'm not sure ...

Top Bottom