Brooks B17

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Called in at Wheelbase in Stavely for some new brake blocks. Whilst having a mooch I was looking at the Brooks saddles. I fancy a B17 in black. They had them at £86, however it looks as though Stevie Wonder had riveted the name on the rear. I just couldn't do it. Not what I expected.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Does you bum have an eye that would see it? Agreed it does look a bit agricultural but for the potential comfort and lifetime of wear, it seems a tad harsh to niggle over the name badge.

rualexander

Legendary Member
I will get one, but one where the nameplate is fitted properly. £80+ is not a small sum of money, I expect more attention to detail.
Don't pay £80 then, B17 saddles can be bought from Germany for £50-£60, sometimes even less than£50, postage is around £5-£6 from the usual big dealers, Rosebikes, Bike-Discount.de, Bike24, etc. Currently £55 here http://www.bike-discount.de/en/shop/brooks-1499

rb58

Enigma
I bought a Ti railed Rolls saddle a couple of years ago. The San Marco badge was upside down. It went back. I bought another one a couple of months ago for another bike. The badge was also upside down. It also went back!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I bought a Ti railed Rolls saddle a couple of years ago. The San Marco badge was upside down. It went back. I bought another one a couple of months ago for another bike. The badge was also upside down. It also went back!
I know someone who would have the name badge the right way round on a few occasions :laugh:

Top Bottom