Brooks cambium carved C15 first ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
I have tried a great number of saddles over the years and have always craved a British Brooks made saddle (which would appear to be made in Thailand!) So set it up on my kinesis bike today and took for a little 25 mile spin...lovely I think I'm going to enjoy the comfort of this saddle and may well prob end up adding to my other bike...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
If you have enjoyed it so far, the chances are that it will only get better and better as you break it in. Glad you like it.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I had the same experience with a standard C15. Initial impressions were very positive. However two lumpy 100 klick Audax rides and I put my C17 back on the bike.

These cambiums do not appear to break in. (I have 3 that I use regularly now). Rather your body does.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I had the same experience with a standard C15. Initial impressions were very positive. However two lumpy 100 klick Audax rides and I put my C17 back on the bike.

These cambiums do not appear to break in. (I have 3 that I use regularly now). Rather your body does.

So they are not like the leather ones then? THEY do get better. I don't even think about getting a sore a**e anymore, thank god.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've just ordered a C17, tried Cycle Heaven in York & they wouldn't even let me try it out on a bike before buying :sad:, so after reading many online reviews I've opted for a C17, used some tesco clubcard vouchers & got Evans to price match cheapest I could find, so hopefully a bargain comfy saddle :blush:

Top Bottom