Brooks Cambium saddles - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
I use my Dawes Fox to commute during these sunny days, but having been so used to the B.17 on my 'regular' commuting bike, in comparison, the Viscount VRT on my Dawes is now less than comfy over distance. :dry: As the Dawes is only used during the summer on alternate weeks, there's no point in getting another Brooks leather saddle as it would take forever to break in. :whistle:
So, has anyone had any experience of the Brooks cambium saddle range please - ? I'm thinking of the C.17 or C.19.

vickster

Legendary Member
There are a few threads around the forum if you use search function 👍

BorderReiver

Veteran
I've got a carved Cambium which is probably more comfortable than my Swallow. I think the cutout makes a huge difference as I also have one without a hole in it which isn't as good. Then again, everybody has a different tolerance level when it comes to saddles.

I use my Dawes Fox to commute during these sunny days, but having been so used to the B.17 on my 'regular' commuting bike, in comparison, the Viscount VRT on my Dawes is now less than comfy over distance. :dry: As the Dawes is only used during the summer on alternate weeks, there's no point in getting another Brooks leather saddle as it would take forever to break in. :whistle:
So, has anyone had any experience of the Brooks cambium saddle range please - ? I'm thinking of the C.17 or C.19.
I haven't noticed that they take that long to break in. You can speed up the process with neetfoot oil. Don't overdo it as it's softener and will allowe the saddle to much stretch if you do. Normally all I do is unscrew it a bit. Another option is to buy s second hand one. I should stress I think it's total testicles that a saddle actually shapes to person bum.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I’ve got a red C19 on my Brompton. I love it. No breaking in. Just put it on the bike and ride.......it fits my @rse but it might not fit yours

C8521DB2-44BF-49CE-AD2D-F8B6203215D8.jpeg

Dwn

Bit late to this but highly recommend the C17 carved version. I've tried the standard C17 but hated it - felt like a torture device. In fact, I now prefer the C17 c to my B17.

John_S

Über Member
Hi Simon,

I have a C17 carved and really like it but as with all saddles they are very much a personal thing.

Given the current crisis this might me a massive no no right now but prior to all of this bike shops who were Brooks dealers often loaned saddles to try and this included loaning out cambium saddles to try on your own bike.

As I said this is going back before the current crisis which might have put the anything like this service on hold for the foreseeable future but if you're interested then there's no harm in asking a LBS such as Pedal Revolution if this is something that they would still offer.

Good luck getting the right saddle for you!

John

Top Bottom