Brooks cambium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djb1971

Legendary Member
Has anybody been using a slate colour long term?

How's the colour holding up?

Thinking of getting a c17 or a c15 in slate but don't want it to look washed out in 3 months time.

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Surely someone is riding one in slate :whistle:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I don't know. I work at a huge place, so large there are six or so busses that take people around the place(my job) and I see hundreds of bicycles every day, along with being along a east-west bicycling route, and I haven't seen a single Cambium yet. Lots of Brooks, lots of Brooks impersonators like Alpha-One, but no Cambiums. I have a fellow on my bus that is talking about getting one, though. I think the price is too high, If it were cheaper, than it may be a good idea, but I prefer the leather saddle, it is a known quantity for durability, comfort, and style.

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
I think the only people with them are the original testers!

I've not seen one on a bike or in a shop yet. Lbs won't get one unless I'm 100% having it, plus it's more expensive than I can pay at Wiggle with a return if I don't like it.

I've ordered one so time will tell. Leather won't be any use for my mtb, it'll get ruined over winter. I want the saddle loops for bikepacking too, don't want the crappy bolt on loops, they slip and rattle.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Me, neither. I'll have to go over and look on bikeforums.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Good luck. Few things in life better than expecting something delivered. I think the saddle will suit well, but that's not based on anything other than a hunch. I think the components will provide a good all-weather saddle .

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
It's arrived and been fitted.

This is the actual colour, surprisingly it's slate colour. Lots of the photos I've seen all look black, even when it's a slate saddle. You can see how far away it is from black by comparing to the thomson post. I would've preferred it darker but this is fine for me.

After fitting and doing the boing test, it feels very comfortable after bouncing up and down on it. You just know when a saddle feels good from the first second. The saddle is more firm than you think, there's a little give in it but its firm. Importantly it's supportive in the right places and bum shaped too. It doesn't look like a b17 but feels like my old honey b17 in width and sit bone comfort. The canvas holds you in place, no sliding around unless you want to. I think they're better put together than my swallow, for the high price I'd expect no different though. The rails are longer too, giving more fore and aft adjustment.

The bag loops are excellent! These are 200% better than on the leather Brooks. No sharp bits or burrs to rub away at the leather bag straps. I've tried one of my bags and it hangs perfectly.

Just need to put the miles on it now and see how it holds up, especially off road!

If it holds out I'm sticking a c15 on the carbon roadie, want bag loops for my highland trips.

15061064190_664135f313_z.jpg

Top Bottom