Brooks saddle cracking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, about a decade ago I got a Brooks saddle. I am not one of those people blessed with a Brooks shaped backside, but eventually one of us broke the other in and it's been pretty comfy for much of the time.

Only thing is I've noticed a few surface cracks. Nothing dramatic, just a couple of fine lines running out for about five or six mm from two of the holes in the centre. They don't seem to be too deep.

Is this a problem, and if so, how can I deal with it?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Are you Proofiding it annually? It sounds as if it's a bit dry. Thr cracks will "heal" with Proofide and use.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Donate it to the Black Country Museum to be exhibited alongside the horse collars as a relic of Victorian technology and go and buy a lightweight saddle that requires no maintenance and doesn't mind getting wet. Something like a Charge Spoon will do and you can get three of them for the same money as a Brooks.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Donate it to the Black Country Museum to be exhibited alongside the horse collars as a relic of Victorian technology and go and buy a lightweight saddle that requires no maintenance and doesn't mind getting wet. Something like a Charge Spoon will do and you can get three of them for the same money as a Brooks.
A charge spoon.:laugh::laugh::laugh: Thats in the wrong thread.should be in the joke thread.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom