brooks saddle weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi:hello: anyone useing a brooks saddle is there much difference in weight between the brooks and the standard brompton saddle? On the brompton bike build it shows the brompton saddle with 0 weight

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Negligble. Have a good wee before setting off if you're that worried about weight.

The more appreciable difference for me is the comfort of carrying the folded bike with newer type at least Brompton saddle vs the quite rigid leather & uncomfortable rails on the Brooks.

My Brompton has a B17 narrow Brooks saddle on it but in terms of bum comfort I don't have any great problem with the standard Brommy saddle either.

Last edited:
I just had a look at the bike builder. The brompton saddle shows 0kg as it is the standard kit, and included in the total bike weight already. The Brooks are therefore 100 and 140 grams heavier. The B17s has a shorter nose, so your skirt doesn't get caught in it, so explains why it is lighter.
Negligble. Have a good wee before setting off if you're that worried about weight.
The above weights are little less and a little more than half a cup of water, so it doesn't even have to be a good wee :smile:

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I just had a look at the bike builder. The brompton saddle shows 0kg as it is the standard kit, and included in the total bike weight already. The Brooks are therefore 100 and 140 grams heavier. The B17s has a shorter nose, so your skirt doesn't get caught in it, so explains why it is lighter.

The above weights are little less and a little more than half a cup of water, so it doesn't even have to be a good wee :smile:

Just get the titanium railed brooks instead; that's a bit lighter :-)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My Spa Nidd Brooks copy weighs a fair bit for a saddle.

Might be one of the reasons why it's so much cheaper than a Brooks.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Depending on which model of Brooks. But a B17 compared to a Charge Spoon. The B17 is much heavier.

But I cant see the concern when we are talking about something that is not a lightweight bike to begin with.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Depending on which model of Brooks. But a B17 compared to a Charge Spoon. The B17 is much heavier.

But I cant see the concern when we are talking about something that is not a lightweight bike to begin with.

On the other hand, if it's (too) heavy to start with you don't really want to be adding more even more weight.

That said, Brooks for me every time

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
On the other hand, if it's (too) heavy to start with you don't really want to be adding more even more weight.

That said, Brooks for me every time
It's buggerall.
I'm 95kg, my S6L plus dynohub weighs about say 12kg inc water bottle, that's 107kg. If a Brooks weighs 250g more than the standard saddle it's neither here nor there.

Top Bottom