Bruce Lee "Enter the Dragon"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I wasn't much into the martial arts stuff, the films were entertaining but, as a kid, it never inspired me to take it up. I was always more into knights, swords and archery. I wouldn't mind now though as I think I am mature enough to use martial arts as fitness training rather then for punishing school bullies.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
my neighbour made a pair of Nunchaks (sp??) from an old broom stick sawn in two and a bit of chain that they used to flush the bog !!!!
Was it this guy?

benb

Evidence based cyclist
If you spot Fist of Legend, it's well worth a watch. It's a loose remake of Fist of Fury, but with Jet Li instead of Bruce Lee, and I reckon it's one of the best martial arts films ever.

007fair

Monkey was more comedic I think, The Water Margin was a bit more active.

I remember one film I saw as a kid where a couple of brothers were busking doing simple kung fu demonstrations to entertain the villagers. A thuggish gang appeared and challenged them to a match. One of the brother's had his arm hacked off in full gory detail. That image stills burns in my mind as being gory despite seeing worse in later films.

It shows the impact that X rated films can have on a very young mind.
Yes!.. The Water Margin gee memories. I was terrified of horror films but this seemed to make decapitation sort of ..light hearted !?

Bruce Lee only made movies because Chuck Norris allowed him to :whistle:

Mozzy

Ahhhh you will miss all the heavenly glory if this is ever not seen. ETD was/has been seen by this poster about ten times .... I know sad or what? One armed swordsman was OK and King Boxer much better. Hapkido was also OK (ish) and the rest of Lee's movies were (IMHO) dire to say the least. Jim kelly was a hoot along with Saxon, but the star using those Nunchaku was just amazing ... so much so I got someone to bring me home a training set and the real thing from Asia. Spent hours on them with more bruises than I would have got doing a round with Tyson.

Yes, agree, now dated, but when one considers its age, I can think of many many more films that simply have NOT stood the test of time.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Anyone remember a reggae song that went something along the lines of...

Check Jim Kelly him a kick to the belly ooo eee Bruce Lee (sorry, it was probably nothing like that)

Can't help thinking it was Dillinger, anyone know?

Top Bottom