Bruce Lee "Enter the Dragon"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bruce Lee only made movies because Chuck Norris allowed him to :whistle:

After bruce lee kicked his ass in "way of the dragon " ?

Enter is the film that got me into martial arts , i had a good collection at one point .

EDIT , not to be drawn into who is better as the were friends and trained together, Bruce gave chuck his break into movies with the above film.

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
Anyone remember a reggae song that went something along the lines of...

Check Jim Kelly him a kick to the belly ooo eee Bruce Lee (sorry, it was probably nothing like that)

Can't help thinking it was Dillinger, anyone know?
it was like that.............i cant remember who it was,might have been on the Sly & Robbie Taxi album,im sure i have it somewhere

Doseone

Guru
Love me Martial Arts films. ETD was a great film, but I watched it again recently and it hasn't aged that well. My favourite Bruce Lee scene is the one posted above by Cyberknight from Way of the Dragon and as others have said above Ong Bak is the best Martial Arts film in ages.

Also really enjoyed Monkey and Water Margin when I was a kid.

Ajay

Veteran
Monkey was a chinese series shown on BBC2 at 6pm if I remember rightly, based on a buddhist epic novel written in 1190 or sometime. Never understood it, but it was great!

Monkey! Now you're talkin'^_^
Absolute classicTV, (Japanese, but filmed on location in China and Mongolia, based on the16th century classic Chinese novel "Journey to the West").

I got the full box set for my last birthday, all 52 episodes, packed with that bonkers-ness that the Japanese do so well, yet each one carrying a cool Buddhist moral within!

Gonna have to watch a few episodes now
"Once was an egg on a mountain top...."

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Monkey is the reason for my screen name, of course. I also have the box set - it's a shame it doesn't have the Japanese originals as well as the western dubbed version though. It's probably the ultimate reason I studied kung-fu for several years, and judo and aikido before that. Oh, and I love Enter the Dragon, it's a classic in so many ways. I have a weakness of Hong Kong kung-fu films - Drunken Master, A Chinese Ghost Story and New Dragon Gate Inn being favourites of mine. And I agree that Ong Bak was probably the nearest recent thing to a proper 1970s HKKF movie.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
my old man saw it in hong kong when it was released, he's never stopped whinging about the cut western versions ever since.
apparently they caused all sorts of trouble emulating bruce lee on base back then, although the kingo's were known as trouble anyways ;D

Doseone

Guru
Was Tripitaka a boy or a girl? Or are we not meant to know? Or maybe it doesn't matter.

The Nature Of Monkey Was............(first one to answer wins^_^)

Ajay

Veteran
.... irrepressible!
Tripitaka was a "boy monk" played by a female actress.

Doseone

Guru
.... irrepressable!
Tripitaka was a "boy monk" played by a female actress.

You win!!

I didn't know that about Tripitaka. Always seemed sort of androgynous. I did toy with the idea of reading the story (Journey to the West), but the reviews on Amazon make it sound very hard going. I'm not sure these things translate that well.

Mozzy

Of course … I also remember Mum & Dad enjoying Kung Fu with David Carradine. "When you can take the pebble from my hand Grasshopper it will be time to leave." It was actually awful; I thought so then and have not changed my mind. DC was never a favourite actor of mine; he was the only thing that ruined the Kill Bill movies. IMHO of course.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Of course … I also remember Mum & Dad enjoying Kung Fu with David Carradine. "When you can take the pebble from my hand Grasshopper it will be time to leave." It was actually awful; I thought so then and have not changed my mind. DC was never a favourite actor of mine; he was the only thing that ruined the Kill Bill movies. IMHO of course.

Used to love that series

Ajay

Veteran
You win!!

I didn't know that about Tripitaka. Always seemed sort of androgynous. I did toy with the idea of reading the story (Journey to the West), but the reviews on Amazon make it sound very hard going. I'm not sure these things translate that well.
Tragically, she, Masako Natsume died of leukaemia in 1985, aged just 27.

masako.jpg

Top Bottom