Bruised dongle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I fell off my bike last night whilst on the towpath, I pitched over the bars and a bar end caught me right in the groin, it hurt. When I got home I had a check and my dongle is very badly bruised, black, it's like a ring tailed lemur.

I haven't been to the doctors in over 30 years but it doesn't look good......................I am going into work soon but don't want to go to the A&E dept as I know what will happen, one nurse will have a look and then get another nurse to have a look and before long every bleedin nurse will have had a look. Then the porters will find out.:sad:

Hoping it will be purple by tonight.

gaijintendo

Veteran
That doesn't sound ideal.

I wonder what the treatment for that is? A splint?

All the best for a speedy recovery.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Ice. Stick a bag of peas on it
And Arnica cream
+1 for Arnica! I bent my thumb backwards snowboarding, and didn't have travel insurance. Stuck some arnica on it, and the next day it looked good as new! Hurt for a year mind you...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
IMO not worthy of a visit to the doctors or A&E yet unless in severe pain (I don't just mean tender). Give it a day or two and if the healing isn't in full swing by then (see what I did there?) then get to the doctors.

Just don't keep poking it or it will never calm down........

I fell off my bike last night whilst on the towpath, I pitched over the bars and a bar end caught me right in the groin, it hurt. When I got home I had a check and my dongle is very badly bruised, black, it's like a ring tailed lemur.

I haven't been to the doctors in over 30 years but it doesn't look good......................I am going into work soon but don't want to go to the A&E dept as I know what will happen, one nurse will have a look and then get another nurse to have a look and before long every bleedin nurse will have had a look. Then the porters will find out.:sad:
Hoping it will be purple by tonight.

Could be worse, the MidWives might get to know:sad:

I got enough stick, a few years ago, when I collapsed at the Hospital, I work at, & was rushed into Resus (even though that was more serious)
Sarah, the Consultant who looked after me, still reminds me of the day I, as she put it;
"Scared the shoot out of her"

Top Bottom