BRVR - Goats League - Climb 15 - Nufenen Pass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Hi @Aleman thank you very much for updating the league (and for your continued efforts). Unfortunately you've made a slight boo boo on my time for this ride, my time was 1:14:44, whereas you have got it as 1:11:14. Your time would have been spot on had I not stopped to look at the view and have a quick fag at the summit.
Sorry for that brain fart, I made the mistake of putting in my predicted time instead of yours :whistle: :rofl:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

I don't know what was in that Jiffy Bag, but I suspect that they were NOT Nurofen!!!

48:41 for me, Still didn't bloody beat Tigo Star!

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

If I'm honest I think it was a very large handful of BKool fairydust :headshake::thumbsdown: As much as I would like to claim natural talent :cry:

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

What is it and where do I get it?
It's a known issue with the BKool Pro trainer, every now and again for some reason it significantly over reports watts. I reckon based on my perception of the effort, and HR data It was probably over reporting by 100W "Average". I must remember to switch the trainer off and on again to reset it. Don't think I've had it in BRVR for around 12 weeks or more. I don't think anyone has yet worked out how to make it happen.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's a known issue with the BKool Pro trainer, every now and again for some reason it significantly over reports watts. I reckon based on my perception of the effort, and HR data It was probably over reporting by 100W "Average". I must remember to switch the trainer off and on again to reset it. Don't think I've had it in BRVR for around 12 weeks or more. I don't think anyone has yet worked out how to make it happen.
Wow, really? I've never had that, I feel cheated now :sad:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Wow, really? I've never had that, I feel cheated now :sad:
Don't. It's an annoyance more than anything. If anything feel cheated out of the real level that you should be at. I was sitting at a 270 ftp in BRVR for a while due to a misreading bkool trainer. I am at best 220-230.

When looking at times for completion of the various rides they are worked out on your FTP. Consistently being slower that the guide time is fairly depressing :cry:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Don't. It's an annoyance more than anything. If anything feel cheated out of the real level that you should be at.
I wasn't being entirely serious :smile: I do however think @Aleman should do it again though the big cheat!

OP
OP
Aleman

Aleman

Agreed @theboxers, my BRVR FTP is over 300, and I know full well its around 225. When I've caught up with the remaining rides, I'll do the ride again, and make this instance of it private, so it shouldn't show in the league.

I've manually adjusted my FTP in BRVR (Preferences -> Profile) so the guide times are realistic ... Actually When selecting the rides I usually drop it a little further down to 200W

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Agreed @theboxers, my BRVR FTP is over 300, and I know full well its around 225. When I've caught up with the remaining rides, I'll do the ride again, and make this instance of it private, so it shouldn't show in the league.

I've manually adjusted my FTP in BRVR (Preferences -> Profile) so the guide times are realistic ... Actually When selecting the rides I usually drop it a little further down to 200W
I usually set my pacer to about 175-180w and try to stay in front of it. Most of my rides avg 190 and above, even the long 2 1/2 hr ones.

But I've had rides where 175 was a struggle for even <30 minutes. I seriously need to get back to 3-5 rides a week between bkool and BRVR.

I'll have the time to do as much as I want soon :unsure:.

Top Bottom